Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We are getting Hils' house DOMESTIC BLITZED!!!!!!!!!!


I have been really busy, and so very slack on the blogging front - if nothing else I should be posting to keep myself up to date for scrapping. I am planning on a December Daily, and in the rush of today I had forgotten until now, that today is in fact day one of December. I guess our entry today will be a little less focused on Christmas, and more focused on Domestic Blitz!
Let me explain, for those who read often you will know I have a friend, her name is Hilarie, she has a brain tumor and we have been fundraising for her. A few months ago, back in the beginning we sent in a request to the Channel 9 TV show, Domestic Blitz. For those who are unsure, they take the family away for a few days, and renovate their house. They picked us, and our dear beautiful Hilarie and her family, Peter and Hadley - they are going to transform their house.
So this morning in secret we bought them to Stillwaters again, under the guise of a thank you breakfast and in the middle of it all burst in Scott Cam and Shelley Craft. It was a little surreal to think that it was actually happening and that it will be on TV, but the look on Hilaire's face, and the gratitude that she has for all we have done, has bought it home again.
This most beautiful, kindhearted generous lady, who has touched so many lives in simple little ways, but has such a huge impact, deserves every little bit of this, I heard numerous times how much Hilarie is loved and how special she is. Hopefully we are able to give just a little back and make this time just a little easier for her and her family, to spend time together and create some wonderful memories.
I also need to say that I have the most amazing bunch of friends, who form Hills' Angels and that I am so grateful to have them in my life, helping me to do what we can to change Hil's life.
It is going to be a whirlwind week and we can't wait to partake and enjoy, but most of all we can't wait to see what they do to her house, and to spoil her. Thank you so much for all the kind thoughts and positive energy that has resulted in these amazing things happening to such a special person. Thank you so much Channel 9 and Domestic Blitz.
I will post a picture a little later, I am still collecting them from camera's of a few of the Angels.
Edited to add: I will advise when it goes to air, at this point they don't know, it will be early next year February or March 2010 (now that is scary to say!).

3 comments:

  1. ooh how exciting!! Be sure to let us know when it's aired on TV! Would love to watch! And such a great name...Hill's angels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, let us all know when it's going to be on the telly - would love to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING LADIES!!!!
    What a wonderful bunch of friends you all are :)

    ReplyDelete