Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas all wrapped up

Sorry no DD here today. I haven't been motivated. So instead I wapped the last of the presents. Not quite I am waiting for one to come by courier (my husband tonight) his company picked them up earlier this week and he has just confirmed he has them. Yes they did get slightly lost in the depot, it seems all parcels have bad luck this time of year. But now it is found, good thing as I need one  of the presents for Monday!
Any way, enough of that. I wanted to share my tree and wrapping since Di shared hers (well kind of, it was more about the unwrapped one under the tree!) and Sharon shared hers.
Please excuse the photos, not best camera to work with and do you believe it is rainy and cold today - not good light, and not a lot like Christmas!

Here is my tree, each year I tend to have different colours, last year was pink and blue, I am still enjoying those colours. But I couldn't find a paper I was really happy with so I bought purple paper, with pink and blue baubles on it, so I added the purple decorations to the tree too to tie in. I had the decorations in my stash already. I like the tree as it is pretty full, that seems to be what makes it look so nice.

Here are my presents. A close up, sorry  I didn't get any with the purple ribbon it is my favourite. I do put ribbon around the kids pressies but in a bow so they can get it off themselves. I also don't let anyone throw their ribbon out I keep it and recycle.


Here is the stocings I talked of the other day, we bought them and made a few changes, the pink one came from Lincraft and Mum sewed on the Christmas tree, the blue one from a cheap shop, Mum added some lining, unpicked the word Angel (it was the only blue we could find) and sewed on the circle, she has painted it too but you can't see that. They are just awaiting some MDF letters, an N and a K, to be painted white and attached with ribbon. I love them.

Since Sharon is always so good at sharing ideas I thought I would share these. They are called Kimmidoll's and I love them! I think there may be some in a stocking or two. The small ones are about $10 and the big ones $20. They make a great present and you can collect them, there are lots of different colours. Katelin has one already and loves it, it is handbag size. I forgot to say ours usually come from Kenny's Cardiology or our local newsagent. Thats all for today, got to go get ready for dinner and pack a bag, we are heading off to Sydney tomorrow for the Wiggles Christmas Concert and the David Jones windows, Myer Christmas train, and QVB and Martin Place trees, I love those things, some treasured memories of my own Childhood Christmases!

4 comments:

  1. After seeing what the three of you have produced this week I'm going to slide into wrapping oblivion - I coordinate my papers and ribbons but I've never matched the tree - my goodness that is pretty amazing!
    Sounds like you have a very busy day planned for tomorrow - plenty of photo fodder there :-)We've had rain after our 40oC day as well ... very confusing but well needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow look at your tree with all of those lovely wrapped gifts...there's a reason that you only got close ups of mine! because I haven't done ANY of the kids gifts yet! Question for y'all: do you wrap the stocking stuffers?

    I am getting excited about the Carols by Candlelight on TV Sat night - need a life much?! :-) - not sure if its Melb or Syd? Anyhow, I let the kids stay up until the Wiggles have been on as they normally come on early...so hope some of you go to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All is wrapped. Refusing any more wrapping here. And mine are wrapped as I was running out of storage space!
    No wrapping of stocking things. just check how much fits in. And sometimes Santa doesn't wrap either, he just puts stuff in the sacks, he must be really busy at the North Pole.
    I am pretty sure it is Carols in the Domain (Sydney) as we are seeing the Wiggles in Sydney and they perform again on Sunday. We have never been, my kids fidget too much at local Carols, they aren't up for the long wait for a good spot, maybe when they are a little older - anyone else been?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon, Just catching up on blog reading...I love all your christmas ideas and the great scrapping you have been doing in your album...you are such a busy productive woman...I just don't know how you fit it all in! I love your tree and the co-ordinated paper. I usually do that, with our big green tree and matching paper but this year we just have a little silver tree and a mix match of paper as we had to do a bit of re-arranging in our house and the big one won't fit. I'll aim for that next year :) Now that you have finished wrapping your presents can I hire you out to wrap mine? :) We went to the wiggles yesterday too. I wish I had read your post earlier and we could have caught up quickly in amoungst the chaos of a million kids and parents. I sooooo loved it and Finn did too, hope your kids did!
    Thanks for sharing so many inspiring things this month...I'm feeling very slack when I see it all, just too much going on in my head this month, looking forward to a fresh new year!

    ReplyDelete