Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My DD as it is in my album today

Ok so old camera working, can only take 6 shots at a time cause the big memory stick doesn't work!
So here are my pages in my album at the moment.













Day one, I know you have seen this, but it's nice to see it in the album together, this is Domestic Blitz suprise day, the kids had a great time.

 Day two, a group shot of Hill's Angels and our Hil at out papmer day put on by Blitz, and journalling.

Back of day two, and day three. Day two is just a collage of shots from the day. Day three is letters to my to children, about them at the moment and Christmas traditions. I printed out lines on cardstock to suit what I wanted colour and size wise.

 Back of day three, is just a picture of Kate playing at the beach before we went to the movies. May still use movie ticket in there like Ali's idea here. As you can see day four not done - skip ahead to day 10.

Day 10, our trip to Santa at story time, I am yet to do the back of this page, think it will be Katelin opeing her advent for the day. I need to write a note that Kate doesn't like the tab here, she lifts it up because you can't se her pretty kirt (skirt), which I had to negotiate that she wore again today, you will see it was on the night before too, and she wouldn't take it off for bed unless I promised she could wear it the next day too, she then said thank you Mumma, like it was the best promise ever.

Day 11, you have seen too, but here it is in the album. Kate and I making cookies. Still need a back here too. Will write about Noah getting his train I think. More notes required, I am getting confused. Will check my running journal file.

Day 12 was when I had no camera so I used another photo (way too many taken on day 11) and wrote about the day, still no back of 12 either, think I will make a pocket and stick in some bits from the day. I like simple!

Day 13 was a day late but I had to shift, too many for one day, and we go to see the lights most nights, we did on this night too, it is about the house up the street that had poping up Santa, Noah has talked about this for the past 3 years, since he was 18 months (not many words then but he remembers) and how he got stuck, well finally the man got sick of it and tried to get another one, he couldn't so he bought spinning around Santa, Noah was very sad he doesn't like change. He is warming to the idea now though. Below is the back, I hand journalled, using a card from a Heidi Swapp album, love it when it is quick and easy.
 

Day 14 is not yet done but I know what I want to do. It is supposed to be an 8 x8 sleeve with a baseball card sleeve in it cut up, so I would like to make it look somewhat like this of Ali's. And I am going to write about my Mum making things for me when I want something and just can't find the right thing, she always fixes it and knows just what I mean. We were on the hunt for Christmas stockings for my kids to go under my tree which had a pink and blue theme at the moment. They aren't done yet so photos to come.  Gotta love Mum's especially crafty ones! And also for the back I will write about my hand made things about Christmas. I have a photo wreath and an advent calendar. I made both. Also have to include the Santa sacks she made for them a few years ago.

Thats it from me - should stop blogging and get making more pages!

PS I am in my room on the laptop and can hear in Katelin's monitor that she has woken and is playing with her Fisher Price nativity scene, I love these little sneak peeks! And Christmas time.

3 comments:

  1. I think the best part is seeing an album coming together - looks fabulous Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it all, and can't wait to see what your super clever mum has come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shannon!
    I didn't realise you were also making a D.D! So glad, I love the look of yours and it's very natural looking structure.
    Thank you for your lovely comment on mine ;-)

    ReplyDelete