Friday, January 1, 2010

A great start to 2010


Last night we chose to ring in the New Year (kid style) with the 9pm fireworks in Gosford.
We had a lazy day with nap for the kids, and headed out for dinner and fireworks. Noah and his Dad went with Rose and her Dad to the Mariners soccer game. Noah had been looking forward to it for days. He enjoyed it but said it was a bit long, he went with lots of snacks, colouring and Rose to play with. They were well behaved and got a Milo ice cream. The Dads even managed to watch some soccer and enjoy themselves.
I got to hang out with my best friend, Tracey, another Hills' Angel and we spent the evening with Hil. It was so great to see her well, happy, enjoying, and mostly to us just being herself. She had a bit of a rough time over Christmas, but she is ok now. I got to share in a bit of her just playing with Katelin, something she would always do, but this was her, just like before. Such a simple moment but something so precious to me now. A moment for me to Cherish.
We had a great time just talking and hanging while the kids played and swam.



After that we headed to the waterfront in Gosford for the fireworks. The kids were beside themselves with excitement. Noah recounted to me last New Year's fireworks. They talked about how there were so many fireworks. How big they were, the different colours, and the smoke they left behind. Kate kept asking whats that in the sky Mummy.
We ended the year with hugs and kisses, and headed home (about 10pm) took a while with traffic. I tucked my kids into bed and they told me how much they loved me, and Daddy. I think they got the idea it was a special moment.

Today was a great start to the year, hanging out in pj's pancakes for breakfast, I had youghurt on mine, does that make them healthier? And then a family bike ride, which made me feel like a new person, outdoors, with family, exercising, experiencing new things, teaching the kids good habits it was great. Only thing was forgot the camera in the car! Not good scrapping start, but I will go back and take a photo from the spot we stopped by the water! I am still waiting for my bike to arrive, so will share when I get it, but am loving the getting out and doing stuff. We have bought two seats so both the kids can ride with parents, an easy to attach bike rack so I can go out on my own when I want. Am looking forward to it.
So here is a 2010 to Cherish and be fit and healthy in! I am feeling the need to go do some scrapping now.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely evening and one with some memories you will be able to cherish for a long time.
    Bring on 2010 I say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic start to the year - you may have even (unknowingly of course) bumped into my brother ... he's staying in Gosford over Christmas/New Year - he was probably at the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete