Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A trip to the nursery

I decided to work on a simple project first, our trip to the nursery. I have too many photos from yesterday, will share next post.
I looked back through some of Amy's pages and found this one. I decided I would make a 6 x 8 photo and journal on the side, should come out similar. So here are my photos.


Noah has a vege patch at the back of the cubby which he loves, he grows tomatoes and a few herbs, not much else likes our partial shade spot. He is very proud of his produce and the fact he is helping me, You don't have to buy matoes from the shop now Mummy. So we went to look for some carrots and onions at the nursery.
By chance we discovered a blueberry bush. Noah was over the moon blueberries are his all time favourite. We had to buy one for him. I am hoping it will survive. The tag says there will be no fruit until this time next year, so we are in for a long haul, the flowers also need frost over winter. Never the less Noah was very excited. We picked out the bush, got some spring onions and potting mix, and Noah carried his bush to the counter to pay.
When we arrived home he couldn't wait to plant it, we had to have lunch and the sun was blaring it was our 30 + day not sure exactly. We put the umbrella on the grass and got to work choosing a pot, a spot and planting. Noah loves to garden (doesn't get that from me) so he helped Andrew asking about all the steps along the way. Water crystals in the mix, drainage at the bottom of the pot and the level at which the plant needed to be. He also couldn't wait to water it in getting the hose and bringing it over.
Can't wait to watch Noah tending to his Blueberry bush and watching it grow. He has already told Nanny and Poppy how great his bush will be. Happy gardening buddy.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea...will be giving that 6x8 a go!
    I sooo want a blueberry bush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on Noah - he can come to my place any day - my thumb is burnt for sure! Do you ever get frost in your part of the world?
    6x8 is a great idea - will you make a text box of journaling to go alongside? I'm going to work on the 6x8 idea after the holidays - seems to be the right size to combine paper and digi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have been doing some really fun things with the kids...good on you, they will love these memories. My kids have loved spending so much time with Nick and I especially whilst being on holidays. Cute photos too.

    ReplyDelete