Friday, January 8, 2010

It's my blogging anniversary

I didn't realise until Nicole posted earlier today about her blogging anniversary, that it is mine too. When Nicole mentioned it I headed to my archives to check the date, and sure enough 8th of January there it was!
I have recently been looking back through my posts and found many useful little bits of information. I have enjoyed reading them too.
I was inspired by Renee (who will be guest blogging over at Nicole's this Sunday YAY!) who wrote about photography on Remember When's blog. I have missed her inspiration and ideas for different photos. It will be nice to hear from her.
I have done a few LO's too I am trying to get a handle on the Christmas stories while they are still fresh. It is hard to get into them but I am enjoying it now I have started. Writing the funny little stories that go with the presents the kids recieved, the times we laughed during the day, that is what makes it special and worth writing down.
Here are the pages I did today.

I love the colours in this one, about Katelin at the Davey Christmas on Boxing Day. She was too cute lapping up all the attention all day. This was inspired by Nicole's page So lucky.


This was Noah on Christmas Day at our house, I recorded the things he said as he opened presents from us. I love the little stories that go with this time. I lifted Nicole's sketch challenge LO here, and I made ny own note paper above, just drew lines on the page in word at half strength grey.


Noah at Davey Christmas, but I just loved this photo and its colours, not quite what I was thinking when I started but not bad.


 This last one is Katelin on Christmas day, same thing the funny littl comments she made while opening her gifts.

I am thinking about how many more pictures I have for December and what I will do with them, make one big LO or several. Will share what I decide.
While I don't think I am up to offering to scrap a page for my readers, sorry girls pop over to Nicole's and leave a comment for that one, I am going to offer some little pieces of advice.
1. I write the date of all my pages on the back in pencil, for those of you who like to keep things in order, it is easy to do while you work on the pages, just check the digital date stamp on the photo.
2. If you forget to write down the cute little quotes kids say, check your video footage if you have any - that is where my quotes from these pages came from, it is just too busy on Christmas day to remember much. Somethimes it jogs other memories too.
3. I can't remember the third one for sure, I think it was to go back and read your old blog posts, for ideas, journalling and inspiration. I have enjoyed seeing my pictures and pages from the last year. And I will certainly be heading to old post for details on some pages I haven't yet done.
Thanks for stopping by over the year it is always a pleasure to read the comments you all make.

7 comments:

  1. Say, you did quite a job with those layouts! And congrats on your blogging anniversary! Hope you'll continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Shannon, a great milestone for sure!
    Your pages are beautiful - I love all of the green tones you have used.
    I'm also hoping the blog will be a good help to remeber the stories and moments when I want to scrap them .... video is a great idea too - the things they say at this age are just so funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    Christmas pages already...you go girl :0
    And love advice bit No 2...hadnt' thought of that will be getting the video camera out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Agata, nice to hear from you. I am planning to continue, I might get a little side tracked some times but I always return!
    Amy I am loving the green colours on my kids, and greens are often a favourite cardstock of mine.
    Di I have to get a start on now, I plan to scrap current and work on some older stuff at the same time - see how I go. The video camera is so handy for bits you may not have heard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous pages! Just found your blog from Amy's! nice to "meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog Anniversary! I now I'm a bit behind the time, but just doing some blog catching up and your blog is tonight:0) I always love seeing your pages and fun ideas. Your pages are great and i especially love the pattern paper. I have soooooo much pattern paper, i must start using it. I like that you made up the lined paper in word...great idea. I need to use my video camera more!

    ReplyDelete