Monday, December 13, 2010

On the twelfth day ...

I was too tired and had to go to bed. I crammed so much in I could blog as well!
Regular Sunday programming at the moment means nippers, which Noah complains about but loves when he gets there. We stayed a nippers a little longer than planned. It was the most devine summer day, about time by the way summer! It was a late start as the Nutri grain iron man truck was there, the boys were excited and met some iron men. Nippers Noah got to go on the board again, his favourite. I was so proud when he ensured he got a second turn, telling the teacher more than once that he only had one turn. It gives me confidence with him going to school next year, around me he is quiet and shy and leans to me for help. It seems nippers is going all festive next week too and there may be a visit from the man in red.
Next we listened to Dr Rip, a surf scientist and man after Noah's heart, he wants to be a scientist when he grows up and do speriments, along with building robots and working at TiVo with Daddy lol!
 It was great for the kids to listen about rips, and for the Mummy too. Then he got a lifeguard to put some die in the ocean to follow the rip. Noah thought this was pretty cool! So quintessentially Australian and Christmas time, love teaching my kids about the water.
In the afternoon Katie and I checked out a market. Fun but refrained from shopping, nothing I had to have!
I worked on my photo calendar, it seems a traditional present now, both the grandparents get a copy of the calendar with pics of the kids as part of their present.
Dinner with the kids was tired and grumpy but we got through it. And moved onto taking a pic of us all together, I will put it up as my Christmas header soon. Speaking of which I get the feeling I need to update my blog template, it seems I'm laging behind! After having kept the grumpies up past bedtime I figured they could stay up and have some quality family time, scootering out in the street. Which then turned into the usual wander up the street looking at the lights. I love the time of year and that we have such awesome lights so close and the kids loving to see them. They talk about the ones with music, and the ones with popping up santa and a few other notible ones. The look of joy on their faces makes my heart soar every time.
We chatted with the neoghbours continued on out wander and came home.
I love that Christmas makes people think of the kids (they all put their lights up for the little ones) and that they get to experience some of the magic of Christmas through the kids.
I need to get a picture of the twinkle lights.
Will add the pic tomorrow. 
Till tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the speriments! We do a lot of sperimenting here :-) Sounds like a full and fabulous day Shannon.

    ReplyDelete