Saturday, December 18, 2010

On the nineth day ....

I am not sure I need to remember all the details of each day, but I am just jotting. I like the run through the day to see if I missed anything. I know my page for today will be about the Carols in the evening and hanging with my kids. I put it on facebook so I will go and grab what I typed there, and I loved the post where Ali typed about all the things she loved, not sure if I will use it here, but I will use it somewhere.
Thursday is group day, and I am sure we headed for a late yum cha so I sewed before we left. Then Noah split his eyelid on a toy so I took him to the Dr, it was fine no stitch needed, thank  goodness he was worried.
Lunch which they didn't eat much of, no more yum cha for us, I don't eat seafood so I don't order much, and the kids don't like it, we've tried it, that's it. Then I dragged the kids around the shops a bit getting a few small things and looking at Lego. Noah has asked Santa for a Lego train, he wrote his letter back in July, and hasn't wavered from it, but the train is $300 and I have explained that it is not likely that Santa can afford such a toy, have I mentioned Andrew was made redundant again for the second time in 4 months! Yes just before Christmas, End of November, thankfully most of the shopping is done. Amy I had better send him your way for some slave labour!
Noah was hard to sway, he did like a few other bits, but kept coming back to the train. So I went homing contemplating it. I came up with a plan, a few vouchers, a return of some Thomas bits I had and 25% off Lego in Myer. See day 10 something about a successful mission.
In the evening I decided to take the kids to Carols at the local shops. The best bet is that they have a lovely stage outside surrounded by restaurants. So we booked a table, sat outside, watched and listened and ate at the same time. The kids played with the pizza dough and colouring from GPK and then got a show bag with lots of fun bits, kept them entertained for ages. They danced and sang and ate. They were the most well behaved and delightful children, I think it was some one on one time with Mummy they craved. I am so glad I went on my own, I am sure if other kids came it would not have been the same. The glass of wine with dinner may have helped! We finished with ice cream for desert and went for a wander to check out the Lego in Myer (how I found they had 25% off) we came back thinking Santa would have arrived at the Carols but they were packed up. After waiting so long and them getting bored we missed it! We went home via some Christmas lights, that made them happy and they fell asleep on the way home. It was 9 pm!
This is my fb post, may just use it, sums it all up.


"Enjoying the christmas carols at Erina Fair with the kids. GPK pizza, a goodie bag with a candle light, dancing, singing carols and delight at hearing songs of Jesus what more could you want. They even packed their best manners. I love Christmas! And family. Xx"

1 comment:

  1. Man, that is such bad news on the work front - I hope the new year brings stable work for Andrew.

    I know what you mean when the kids fixate on a present - it happened one year here but we didn't know about it - he told everyone but us until about 2 days before Christmas after he went to visit Santa with the inlaws and he was raving all about the said gift. The 'real'santa had already sorted his gifts so there was a last minute panic ... just to find the very last available!

    This year, bless his little heart, he wrote to Santa sayng that he did not care what came his way as santa always got him just what he wanted!

    ReplyDelete