Thursday, December 16, 2010

On the sixteenth day ...

I spent some time with my kiddies. I packed away the sewing machine, although it did make a brief appearance today. I think the sewing machine needs to be away for me, I have had enough of it and I want a break.
The kids are really enjoying spending with me one on one. And I with them. I really enjoyed my night with them at the Carols last week and I am trying hard to cherish those moments, and let so many of the little things slide at the moment. I heard someone say the other day (I think it was on Oprah) that a child wants to see your eyes light up when they enter the room, and every child deserves that utter adoration. It is so true and I want to make a conscious effort to acknowledge them and the things they have done.
We went to mothers group today as we do most Thursdays. 5 and a half years of catching up with these girls weekly, they are an amazing group of women, with passion, support and love and caring for each other. They are a great support and together we have an amazing power to make a difference, a passion to help. I love these girls. Digressing slightly, I am talking about the kids, but I think I would like to mention these girls on one day in my DD. The kids love hanging out too, they are all so happy to see each other an play together.
We came home and played a little, I had to make a dress and then I went to the hair dressers. My own little Christmas treat! It was lovely. In the evening we prepared dinner and the children helped. Noah had a dislike for his scrambled eggs so there was some discussion about his joining us at the table, he did as I asked however and he did indeed eat most of his dinner. He is slow at making decisions and needs time to come around. After dinner we opened Noah's day on the calendar. He got a book, The Polar Express, a favourite here. He adores the movie and I love that he will have the book to keep for years to come.
We all snuggled up in Noah's bed and read the story. I am sure we will read it many more nights to come.
He would like his own Christmas sleigh bell, and ideas girls?
This has to be my favourite moment of the day.

On a side note my bloggy friends, I am  catching up on my reading and you will notice some comments on your posts from last month, I am behind, but catching up. I have made it to the end of November. You have all done some amazing things. Nicole I am sorry I missed the challenges, but I will be back to lift a few pages, can't wait for some scrap time. Di can't wait to hear your plan for 2011. Will be a year I want to document since we have big school coming up. Amy you have been very busy and the house is coming along nicely. Sharon I would love one of those mangoes, is it in the mail yet? Miss you all. xx

2 comments:

  1. glad to see you back with us! (not sure that I can post a mango though, well I probably could although I am not sure I would like to open that parcel!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Polar express is a firm fave in our house too .... so glad to see you back in a regular way :-)

    ReplyDelete