Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the fourteenth day .....

Pre school day for the kids and Noah slept in, so we all tiptoed around quietly, I finished the last of that ironing.
He woke and we got ready for pre school. It was practise for big school today, a lunch order on a brown paper bag and deliver it to the kitchen. Both kids were very excited, they all got to do it, even the ones who aren't going to school next year. When I asked what they got they told me a sandwhich (they ordered jam) an apple and a  cheese stick. Noah told me he as already decided he will order a jam one again tomorrow.
For me it is usually my sewing day. I had planned to be finished by now but I had a few little bits still to do, a Christmas order for my best friend, and a special job, a dress to send to Hillie's niece. When Hillie left us I felt the need to name a dress after her, you can see my post about that here. also thought it fitting her niece have one, she is Hil's sisters daughter and she is 3 like my Katie. I hope it makes them smile and I can't wait to see her in it. It is ready to post today and they don't know it is coming.
I had decided early on this would be my day, I needed  a break and to do some things I wanted. So I got the sewing out of the way, packed up the machines and headed to lunch with my best friend, on her lunch break at work. It was enjoyable, we talked about a lot, mostly the kids, and Christmas we planned our Sunday get together, a smaller group of us that are close, from our mothers group always get together the last weekend before Christmas, usually the Sunday. This year only Tracey and I can make it so we have decided we might make it our trip to the city to see the windows and the train, but make it late evening and catch some of the amazing lights too. I love the idea ...... I do adore Christmas.
The afternoon was spent with one of my favourite pass times, wrapping the presents, it's a bit like scrapbooking to me, matching the papers and ribbons to the decorations on the tree, I even made the tags, I stamped them, I had so much fun. I will take a picture once they are all nicely under the tree.
The evening was one of my favourite things to do, the road to Bethlehem. It is an amazing production put together and acted out but the community of the local Seventh Day Adventis School. They should be so proud of their community spirit and what they achieve it it phenomenal.
They also manage to maintain the focus of Jesus and the true meaning of Christmas while acknoledgeing the tradions so many of us expect at Christmas. It is a joy to bring our children to watch the performance, which is a half hour tour with about 5 different scenes acted out, they are  different each year. 
Then they participare in the activities which are all free, you can make donations, and you have to "pay your taxes" to come in. The children made paper crowns, clay Christmas decorations, which is always a favourite, they remembered the ones from last year, had their faces painted, recieved a show bag and watched the black light puppet show.
It makes me proud to know my children absorbed the message, at  the end there is a cross below which the children can plant a message on a card. I asked Noah what he wanted to write he said "I am sorry you died Jesus, I love you". Ahhh the true celebration on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment