Saturday, December 18, 2010

On the tenth day.....

Ok so these are from memory and looking at the photos. It was a Friday, so ballet and swimming. The girls had a great time at ballet, it was only a small class but they danced beautifully. Then off to swimming where they were astounded at Katelin's confidence in the water. I think it has something to with spending the entire last weekend in the water at Jamberoo and the caravan park. But it did pay off, there is another girl in Kate's class who can swim quite well. So Kate thought she would give it a go too and she swam, well paddled, she was so delighted with herself. After the lesson she was telling everyone she could swim! Finally a huge break though after a year of suffering through her dislike of lessons.
I believe a large portion of the afternoon was sewing and trying to get it all finished, I want to pack away the machines. I did use up the last of my Christmas fabric on some skirts which was exciting, I wasn't sure it would all go I did buy 6 or 8 metres, I can't remember. I just have a few dresses left.
Not sure what else happened, I believe some more tidying, ahh now I remember, a special mission to sort out a secret present with much success! While I was out Daddy and the kids put the outside lights up which they were very excited about, it is so nice to see them up. We are a big fan of looking at lights. The kids love we have our own, not much but they are there.


The end of the night was watching The Polar Express, Noah's favourite and making reindeer ginger breads for the party tomorrow. The kids had so much fun and they were up so very late, I just can't stuff everything I need to into the day at the moment. The idea for the cookies came from the Woolies cook book, we already had a pack of the greens gingerbread men, so I bought the decorating things and away we went. You turn the gingerbread men upside down!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon ... the last photo is so precious! Sounds like a great day and some fabulous breakthroughs for the young lady of the house!

    ReplyDelete