Saturday, December 11, 2010

On the eleventh day ......

I can't believe that we are 11 days into December already. I want to do December Daily, but already I'm behind. I am hoping I can use this blog as a place to make my notes, capture the things I want to remember of the day, and share my pages as they get completed.
I am having trouble starting because this yeat I didn't make a foundation album first, so I have nothing to work around. I think I need to get out some papers and play around a bit first. So I will start with some notes.
Today was a busy day, end of year ballet photos, full costume. This meant Katie and I were there before 9am, that was after I got myself ready (including straightening my hair) prepared the nibbles for the party, got the kids ready packed the presents and left jobs for Noah and Andrew.
Katie enjoyed the photos she seemed to have fun and was happy to participate both times.
We headed home to get ready for Christmas with my family, my sister is up from Melbourne. The kids were so excited to be doing Christmas especially with their cousins. Katie chose to wear her "fluffy" skirt after considering her Hillie Christmas Dress. It is fun to see her display her own preferences, although I still struggle with wanting to put together the perfect outfit, it is something I enjoy, I just have to be aware of allowing her own personality to show through.
Noah was so very proud to serve out his reindeer cookies, giving out each one to the person it was individually decorated for. We had to eat them early as they were melting and loosing their faces.
The kids were all pleased to give and recieve presents, there was a lot of paper going every where, oohing and ahhing some squeals of delight, especially over a Woody and some Zhu Zhu guinea pigs and even a that was just what I wanted. One of my favourite moments was when I asked Noah what his favourite present was he replied they all were.
I also want to remember 5 children all under 8 in the same place, playing together, shifting from group to group, playing on their own, in pairs sometimes 3. I loved seeing the different dynamics, different kids playing together, different pairings.
In the evening we played uno with Noah and he played outside with Daddy. It is nice to see them spending time together and it is funny I see so many similarities while they are together, they were both happy pottering outside spending time.
I also want to remember about Noah loving his Lego advent and the fact that he can put them together on hos own. Kate loved the nesting Santas she got today too.
It was a lovely day with family and I was so proud of my kids behaviour and their enjoyment over such a long and full day. These are the things I want to remember about my kids and this December.

3 comments:

  1. great to see you back again, and love the big girl cousin's dress! (and I see the similarity between her and Katie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good to see a post from you Shannon! I too can really see a family resemblance between the cousins and I love how you are recording the memories here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sharon I asked Mum, the dress came from Big W, do you believe it??!!

    ReplyDelete