Saturday, December 18, 2010

On the seventeenth day ......

I am trying hard to make it here and make some notes each day. Too tired last night, dinner at Mums and Christmas lights, kids in bed late so I went to bed too. Just realised I still have 10 whole days to catch up on, going to do some of that too, before it disappears althogether.
I am not sure if ballet was on or not, but we chose not to got. I finished the clean up of the house. Finally all my rooms are tidy, need to vacuum though. It has been a battle to keep onto of the house stuff as well as everything else while sewing so much. The kids had a nice time opening advent calendars and haning out in pj's. So did I.
Swimming lessons and Kate is loving it, now she can "swim" since being at Jamberoo and in the water all weekend she had a new found confidence and she can actually doggy paddle to get herself somewhere. It is cute to see and she is so very proud. It is a big step after such a struggle and her disliking swimming for such a long time.
Home and some movie watching and a rest. Thumbelina and Dancing Princesses were on the menu today and a tea party with her new tea set.
I stayed for a bit and went to wrap presents. Almost done, I ran out of tape, one colour of my ribbon and had no box to put an awkward present in so I had to pack up. My fav bit was Katie writing on the tag of Noah's present, should have taken a pic. She came back and asked if there were more to do. She had fun!
Is anyone else as bad as me? While wrapping Im working out where best to put the present under the tree, and moving them 20 times so they are balanced and the big ones at the back, smaller toward the front. My husband said they look like the come from a shop! At least he noticed and said they do look nice. I also have to share, no kids decos on my tree, my second one out the back I have allowed/ given in to the fact that they should be able to have their decorations on a tree. We are waiting for our clay ones to dry and I will blog about it, and where all the decos came from.
We made reindeer cookies again. This time on cookie dough not gingerbread, Kate isn't liking the ginger bread so much. The pic is on my phone, and not sure how to get it here, you will see them in another post from Christmas earlier in the month. I did get the kids to put the decorations I had made on the tree today. I had two finger print decorations made, I really do adore Christmas! They are made from silver, the kids put their print in them and they get to work drying them and polishing, then they engrave and ready to go! They are amazing and I love them. Katelin has an angel and Noah a star. They are made by our local branch of Smallprint, who also happens to be a friend.
Off to dinner at mums and some fun with the kids as I mentioned above. More Christmas decos and a new Christmas outfit for Millie, that is a post for another day, Katie and Millie matching.

No comments:

Post a Comment