Saturday, February 6, 2010

Little by Little

So I have taken a million photos at Christmas. I am trying to work through scrapping them. As we get further away, I am finding that only some of the stories stand out as ones I still want to tell, so I guess it is a good way of culling. I am not as organised as Di. I am working on just a little at a time and it is working for me. I am scrapping the current month and then a few from Christmas. My plan is to stay current and work back at the same time. See how it goes.
 So here are some of my pages.
Love the colours on this page . And the story I captured of Katelin with her cousin. They don't see each other often but they still get on so well. This is a lift of Nicole's page I think it is grandad.

This is a page to go into our family album about our Christmas day. Love how this turned out. 8.5 x 11 seems so fast at the moment. This is a lift of Nicole's new room layout.
Sorry the next few are blury, but now it is too dark to take more. So they will have to do.
This is a lift of an old page of mine, and I am sure it came from Nicole orginally. I like it, and look it used up a whole bunch of odd thickers. I don't usually cross colours like that but it seems to work. And I seem to have a run on Kraft at the moment.
Here is my printed out Bluberry bush page. My lift of Amy's page. I like how it turned out and it was so easy. Print 6x8 collage, open journalling space, copy text from blog paste and rejig to fit done! Then the fun part gluing together. I am liking the hybrids.

This last one is my favourite, and the photo does it no justice. It's a little wonky. I love the colours and how the placement turned out. It my version of Nicoles taekiodkai layout. I really like thte two squares of pp. And the story is really special too. It is how I bought a present this year for the kids to give each other, and they loved it. Katelin talks of her gingerbread man charm from Noah often. Noah loves the gingerbread man story. And I am proud of my kids for being so happy giving each other a present.
Thats all on the LO front.  I am off to edit some shots from today - not sure if a collage calls or the will need individual shots.

2 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful Shannon - you do the hybrid thing so very well.... I need to practise!
    I also love the colours on the cousins page. I bought a butterfly punch ages ago and I have not used it once - hmmm, better change that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Love the new header! Gorgeous colours :-)

    ReplyDelete