Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hmmm what to share

I am not sure what to share today. I have been scrapping madly, well not quite, but alot. I have been trying to get down the stories of January. There have been a lot since there were a lot of holiday days and different events. I am finding my memory not as good as it was and liking when I have blogged about the topic (preferably soon after it happened to get some good quotes).
So I am worrying that i am just writing general stuff, perhaps it sounds like it now but will still have enough detail to mean something later on.
The kids sat and looked through some older albums this afternoon and they talked about the things they remembered and asked me about the ones they did not. So it was fun to see them get so much enjoyment. It is SUPPOSED to be for them (although I'm sure it is more about me at the moment).
Side note, in this years albums there seems to be a lot of kraft at the moment - at least it is early in the year!

This is a retake I have done for a few pages now and I really like how it came out on the java background. It is a lift of Nicole's originally. I am liking looking back through albums and finding ideas for layouts - and a trip down memory lane at the same time. The story is about Noah's present he made for me at pre school, wrapped bought home and put under the tree and told me I had to wait until Christmas to open it - too cute!
This one came to me by way of email. I had printed the 6x8 not sure how I was going to scrap it so it sat on my table for a bit. Then I got an email from Remember When and I noticed a layout that Lee had done. It worked well and I like how it turned out, was on a run with java here! Oops the story is about a bush walk to our local national park looking for bugs and other things for the kids to identify. Was a fun outing.
This is Kate's layout for the same day, a lift of Di's I think, found it in my album already. Kate had a great time looking at the creepy crawlys (there were not many) and learning about fungus and moss and things we don't have in our backyard ( not many since we back on to bush and the bush turkeys like to visit while I hang out the washing).
Hopefully there is some inspiration to get some stories down. Photos and words really are fun!

5 comments:

  1. Well, these are all lovely Shannon! What pp did you use on the bush walk page? I really like that one :-)
    I know what you mean about feeling some stories are more superficial than others - sometimes I get caught up in the fact that I want the photos to be preserved that the story loses a little along the way. But, when you look through albums it is fun to see the pictures and have a few details about what's going on. My two love our albums as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pages Shannon, and the first layout design is also a favourite of mine that you have reminded me of!
    Superficial or not, they are still a memory and a story told!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy it is American Crafts. Will look to see if I still have the name. Looked on RW looks like Lee still has some. It's called metropolitan - tokyo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw an ad for the domestic blitz that you were on. Apparently it's going to be on next weekend.
    Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete