Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dancing in the rain

These past few days my mind has wandered often to Sheye Rosemeyer, February 5 marked the 3rd anniversary of little Ava's passing. While visiting Sheye's blog I am constantly inspired, by her photos, her words, her strength and her attitude.
Yesterday I sat quietly with Katelin, she has been doing it tough sleep wise since our holiday and she doesn't like the sound of rain at the moment. So she woke too soon and we sat and watched tv quietly. She heard some children playing outside in the rain and wanted to go out. At first I said no, it was raining too hard, then she asked again and I thought of Sheye. Why not, it is only a bit of rain, she will dry off, I can change her clothes. How much fun is it to dance in the rain. So out she went, and I followed her with my camera. I got a few shots I just love. I am also loving the top she had on, to me she looked just divine and I want to wrap her up, hug her, spoil her and indulge her every moment I can.
I also think my word for the year Cherish fits well here while I am talking. So many things to cherish, life, moments, being a child, loving, holding and enjoying. So I rolled all of this into my layout.
Here it is digital as my scanner isn't co operating at the moment. It actually has a green and white spotty pp on top and white vinal thickers spelling out cherish.


Oh and thanks Amy, was channelling Sheye when playing with the colours of my header photo, turned up the yellow and green. On further thoughts though could have also gone purple. May try that later.

3 comments:

  1. Shannon I love this!
    Thanks for the reminder to let go a bit with the kids - I know I'm guilty of nagging about dirt and sand sometimes, doesn't really matter at the end of the day :-)
    Her top is extremely sweet - I bet she had a lovely time out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the header photo and the layout - well done.

    My only rules for playing in the mud and rain: 1. not if you are snotty and sick 2. MUST hose off before coming inside and 3. you MUST be wearing pants!

    and I prefer that you don't plaster your brother/sister's hair with mud. It is surprising how hard is it to get clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos and all the green - and WHERE did you get that top - I did a quick google search on 'beauty full' but couldn't find anything. Please share!!

    ReplyDelete