Friday, January 30, 2009

Amazing photos

Hello. I feel funny saying that - who is out there to reply? Anyway on to what I am here to share. It has been a quiet day at home full fun and productivity.
Katelin and I have spent the morning outside playing in the shade before it got to hot - time for hanging in the air conditioning now. I was playing on the lawn with her holding her in the air as I was laying down. Thanks to Renee's ideas on taking photos and her sharing them with the world on this blog I have a new perspective what makes a good photo. So I thought this would make a good photo, but there is no one else here to take it.













So this is what I got. I would really like a head but I actually think this picture is kind of cool just as it is. As I type this Kate is sitting next to me pointing out her appy (nappy) in the picture. She loves her fuzzy cloth nappies! While trying to get a shot with her face in it I can up with this.














I love this photo it is so cute and different. Now I actually have a budding photographer in the making and Katelin likes to take photos so she insisted on using the camera and I got this.













I think it may even be my favourite shot of the day. I wish I had another camera to take photos of her taking photos it is so cute. It is not a good thing to let 20 month olds take photos with your good camera, Kate dropped mine on boxing day and I was having a melt down till DH stepped in and unbroke my camera. Literally after careful trying to fix it it took sheer force to make it all better. Anyway!
Onto my afternoon of scrapping. I got a few pages done. The first one started out as my second attempt at and 8.5 x 11 and ended up a 12 x 12. The best laid plans, while I thought I knew what I was going to do nothing I did on this page came out like it was in my head. So this is how it ended up and I am fairly happy with it.



















The last layout I will share I did a few weeks ago and it is a direct lift of Nicole's Dive layout. This was one of those layouts that I wasn't sure about while doing it but I just went with it and it all worked really well. I love this page. By the way it is straight in real life sometimes I just can't hold the camera straight enough!



















Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. love both layouts, but particulary the last one! great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those shots! The sky is so blue and her eye is so cute!! Might try one of those shots right now!

    Cute layouts too. Love your lift especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my dive layout looks great here - your colours are great!! And I LOVE the photos of Katelin from below. Nice!

    ReplyDelete