Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple Fun for kids.

Morning. I sound like I am talking to people - but I am not sure there is anyone reading, maybe I am just talking to cyberspace! Anyway, I thought I would share a layout I did over the weekend. I am getting back in my groove and scraping more as I am in catch up mode. I still have a lot of photos from last year to scrap. So as usual I use my sketches and layouts that Di and Nicole have posted and look for one that will work with my photos. Thankfully they have both posted a few that use lots of photos lately because a lot of mine seem to have multiple photos at the moment. My layout is of swimming and using the sprinkler in the back yard.



















Also I thought I would share something we did this week. We took the kids dip netting. Our local park does this regularly to document water quality and the make it into an activity for the kids. While we were there they gave the kids a little container with a moist cotton ball in it then we put two sunflower seeds in, another moist cotton ball and a lid. This was on Tuesday, and by Sunday we had enough of a seedling to plant. I was pleased at how fast it was as the kids stayed interested.
So Dad helped the kids plant the seedlings, now we will watch them grow. The packet said they would have flowers in 12 weeks.


















Go and see what you can grow!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny Shannon, I lifted the same page from Nicole yesterday!Love the colours you have used. Thanks for you ideas...you are so right we do put to much pressure on ourselves when we scrap. It is meant to be FUN!!! I think I need a sign above my computer o remind me!! Like the sound of the sunflower seeds, 12 weeks to flowers is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout Shannon. So glad you are blogging. I have a heap of "sprinkler" photos to scrap too.....might have to jump on the bandwagon with this topic! :)BTW, I've added a link to your blog over on mine under "Simple scrapbooking inspiration".....hope my blog readers discover your talent the way I have.....:)Love Anita. xxx

    ReplyDelete