Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday .... Happy Friday!

So this week has been busy and unbelievably hot! We have spent most of our time at home playing - a lot of the time in water. I have come down with a cold and lost the motivation to scrap so I don't have much to show at the moment. I will share an old page which originally I lifted from Diane H, not sure if she will recognise it. I again lifted it myself for the last page I have done. I will share the original as I am happier with it - I always love it when the colours just work. I almost forgot to say that this was my almost first 8.5 x 11 page. I am not sure I can bring myself to have different size pages in my album. I couldn't make this page work on 12 x 12 so I resigned myself to the fact that this may have to be my giving 8.5 x 11 a try, until by accident I only had as much as you see of the aqua colour (can't remember proper name) left and I sat it down like you see here on the java cardstock - and I loved it so here is my almost 8.5 x 11 page and I really like it!



















I will also share my morning. I just spent it hanging with my baby girl, she played while I hung out the washing and then we went to the shops, to return my bracelet Noah picked for Christmas, and get a new one as the clasp broke. We then looked in another shop with gorgeous baby things. I am looking for a bracelet for her birthday and I have settled on a Petite by Lovelinks it is like a Pandora style. I want to be able to add to it and for her to be able to keep it as she grows (you can just buy a bigger size bracelet later). I also bought her a little animal for her room, she carried the bag out of the shop hanging on her arm and once we got into the car she played with it all the way home.



















So cute.

Then we had lunch and she went to bed. I sat down to watch Oprah and eat my lunch. I again saw a clip that brings my to tears no matter how many times I see it. You can watch it here.

99 Balloons

And now I realise how special my Friday's are just hanging with my girl - one on one time. And that I should cherish the simple moments more. And the quiet moments with my boy when Katelin is asleep. But I am a parent and sometimes I get lost in the every day and the rush to move onto the next thing .

If just for a little more time to sit and play and cherish.
To be aware and enjoy Friday......and every day!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours on the page Shannon
    I am going to miss Maddy when she is school but I am also looking forward to time with Livvy...just me and my baby!
    Am going to check that bracelet out...I got a Pandora for Christmas and the girls love it so this might be just what I can get them.
    Have a great week and cherish every moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Shannon! Love how you couldn't quite bring yourself to make it 8.5"x11" - LOL! It looks great on the 12x12 background anyway.
    I hear what you're saying about getting lost in the everyday activities of parenting. Sometimes you need to stop in the midst of the chaos and just appreciate your kids as they are right now. I am struggling with the school holidays by now, but I'm trying to remind myself how much I will miss my boys when they are BOTH off at school this year. Whatever will I do with myself? (That's a trick question! LOL!)
    Anita. xxx

    ReplyDelete