Friday, February 6, 2009

Bring on the WEEKEND!

I have had a husband working late and weekends for a few weeks now - we have both had enough now! So my week has been a bit all over the place. I have been trying to keep my sanity but we all miss Dad and are getting very frazzled.
I have been scrapping and scrap lifting a lot. I am behind. Because I didn't scrap when I was pregnant with my second bub I am trying to catch up. I know most people would say don't bother, but I actually enjoy it. Mostly I have notes to work from that go with the photos and sometimes it is fun to just write a memory down with a photo of the era not necessarily the moment.
I just received my last lot of photos to scrap to be caught up or close too. There is a lot but they are so much fun to look at. I will share some as I get them done.
Below are some of my pages from October last year.



















Sorry it is not wonky in real life. It is a lift of Di Herman's page 8.5 x 11 page called Winter. I am pleased how it turned out. The story is about our everyday jobs Kate and I often do on Friday's.

Next is just a photo I loved, capturing our time hanging in bed in the mornings.


















Who doesn't love it when you can just hang out in bed in your jammies!Oh sorry it is a lift of Nicole's page and it is just stuck on a 12 x 12. I was really happy with how this came together. Love the colours and sometimes a direct copy just works. Last one for tonight. I have some more but it is getting smokey here and I have to check out where the local bush fires are, we back onto bush and are close to national park area too.




















Not sure this photo does the page justice. I am really happy with this page and the colours. It is about how Katelin sleeps in a sleeping bag and she had just gotten concerned about where her feet go. Such a cute memory and I am sure she will think it is funny later on. This is a lift from Di, who I think lifted it from Nicole.
Anyway happy weekend - good one for indoors and scrapping in this heat.
Next post I will share a layout of my girls room and a canvas I have made for her.
Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    Thanks for stopping by my clog today. Stacy's tags are just bulldog clips with metal rimmed tags tied to them and a pretty piece of ribbon attached. She has punched out circles of coloured cardstock to write her categories on. They are great aren't they - I'm planning on doing a similar version for my albums. The course doesn't start until the 12th of Feb so there is still time to join if you'd like to....I'd love to have someone I know on board to discuss the course with as we go along.....no pressure, but have a closer look and let me know if you decide to sign up. I absolutely love the pages you've posted here! Aren't Di and Nicole fantastic sources of inspiration?! You've done a beautiful job with these - I love the colours in the last one - and your title looks awesome too. Great work.
    Hope you are keeping cool today. It is ferocious here. It's 45C, with a roaring north wind and I can smell smoke in the air.....the sky is glowing yellow. I am very worried. Stay safe. Anita. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Shannon, just went by Stacy's blog and saw that registration is closed. Bugger! I will keep you posted on my progress with the course and maybe you'll want to take it next year......please excuse me for calling my blog a "clog" in the comment above! I hate typos! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours in these pages Shannon!And the photo in the fridays page is lovely...really need to take one like that with my girls!

    ReplyDelete