Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Canvas' of a different kind

Ok so last time I shared my daughters room. I got a few comments about you few readers of mine being inspired to finish different things off after seeing Katelin's room I must say I am not sure it is a bit of guilt or inspiration but I am trying to get on with scrapping Noah's room now too. So I thought I would be a little differnt with this post. I am going to share some of my pictures, not yet scrapped.
The story starts here, we decided to move Noah into a new room that we could decorate especially for him when we knew that we would be having a second child. I thought it would be a good idea for Christmas as it would give Noah a few months to get used to his new room before the new baby. So here is DH painting as Mummy requested, on Christmas Eve mind you!













I wanted Noah's room to be ready for Christmas morning as we had gotten a lot of things for his room. I wanted a lot of excitement about his new room so he would like it, I should mention he was only 18 months at this stage. So his room was not finished but as ready as it could be and he loved it. I only have video footage, no photos of the first time he saw his room. A few days later he moved in there - a whole other story - we also moved him from a cot to his new big bed - too much all at once. We started out with the things that we had, like his draws from the nursery (from Ikea of course).













He got new handles for Christmas and those great book ends which go with his quilt cover. I also wanted him to have a photo of our family, it has since been changed to the one you see here - his favourite moment, going to the beach cricket. And he got a new shelf, goes with the draws, to house his books and toys. This of course is not all of his toys, just the special ones.



















And after a lot of shopping with my Mum to find the perfect quilt cover we chose this and Nanny gave it to Noah for Christmas. I know it sounds unexciting for a little kid to get linen for Christmas, but we were trying to make it fun and exciting and he was young enough to think it was just that. I should also say he got a bike and a fishing rod from Santa.



















The last part that was ready for Christmas was this table and chair.













These were painted white for me by my Mum, who is great at all things arty and helpful. This table and chair was my Mother in laws made for her by her Dad so they are very special. Noah loves to sit and play at them. So even though there is lots in his room it took quite a while to get the last few finishing touches in and I then never got around to taking the photos. So I want to do two LO's, one about when we worked on his room and how it turned out and one about the changes as he gets older, the new things added and his change in favourite toys. So the first one I think will be a regular LO and the second will be a photo collage type like Katelins.



















Here is one more of the things we added, some canvas' we made by sketching the designs from the quilt and then Mum painted them for me. This one is a height chart and there are others. He also got a lamp for his third birthday. So the above is some images I will use for the first page. And the second one will be about the new friends Noah got for Christmas and how we have upgraded his room to grow with him. I am interested to see what you think my LO's may turn out like. Here are two shots of the new friends on the shelf.


























So I will get on with my LO's and post them so you can see how they turned out. I was going to share a LO or two but I think this post is long enough and has enough pictures in it.
Happy scrapping.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    Cute art work, I love everything arty and creative and also have a mum that is great in everything arty and helpful :)
    You kids room are just beautiful, so spacioue or as Cathy Z might say, Clean & Simple. Thanks for sharing. JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    my boys have the same bedroom quilt covers. love the art work you have done to go with it.

    ReplyDelete