Monday, March 9, 2009

Scrapping cause the pics are cute!

Ok so I know the idea is to have a story to go with the photos. Mostly I do. But there are a few pictures that are just required to be in the scrap album because they are cute and they make me smile. When I started scrapping I wanted to capture the stories of my family and our lives. I feel like I have done that fairly well. There is just one problem, I have about 6 months of photos of Noah that I just took because he was cute. When I started scrapping my ideas for photos changed and it was from then on that I usually had a story to go with the photos.
I am just now getting to scrapping some of those early photos. And these photos are from two different photo shoots we had done. I felt they needed to be in the album because these photos really do warm my heart.
This first one is of my two boys and I love it so much, so I used it to write a bit about their relationship. Sorry I took several photos of this page and this is the best - still wonky.


















I am really happy with how this turned out. On that note, I have a new theory on how to scrap photos that I really love. As I too have experienced the disapointment of photos I really LOVE and not being able to do them justice when I scrap them. Now I return to my old LO's and pick one that is a favourite and that I think will work with the photo. That is what I did with the above LO. I will share the original page next time. Here is the picture of myself and Noah that goes with the above one.



















Love how this one finished up too - another copy of one of my past LO's which from memory was originally lifted from Nicole who did a 8.5 x 11 and I adapted to 12 x 12. This one I talked about my relationship with Noah. Onto the next photo shoot we did. I know I had a few trust me my husband was not thrilled but they were so worth it. This page was of Noah with one of his favourite toys at the time, Tinga the stuffed tiger.



















This page I talked about all those cute photos and how I had to scrap them because they are special and make me happy.
This last one is a favourite. I guess because bear is still such a big part of Noah's life. When this photo was taken Noah recently after he started carrying bear around a lot, but it is the esscence of how much he loves bear and that is just what he used to do to bear at the time the photo was taken.



















So these are all pages I was working on last weekend and they have taken me a week to finish because I have not had a working printer. Oh and I have not gotten to scrapping the photo's of Noah's room as I have spent the week trying to sort out printer issues - it is impossible to scrap without a printer in my house - especially when you don't like your hand writing much. I do write on a few pages though. So try looking through your old LO's for some new inspiration this week and happy scrapping.

3 comments:

  1. So agree shannon! Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words. I think there has to be a balance between everyday life, moments, real life and 'just cause your so darn cute' pages!! And all these pages are 'so darn cute'!
    I cant pick between the last 2 if i was choosing a fav! love everything about both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all great stuff Shannon. Wish I had the chance to do some pages, but instead head down bum up doing other stuff! (perhaps if I stopped looking at lovely blogs I might make time!)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon, I love your photos and am such a fan of black and white photos. The white background makes you totally focus in on the people. Beautiful photos of Noah and I agree with Di that a picture can be worth a thousand words, I love the precious little smile in your adore page, it looks like he's smiling with his eyes also...very cute. You have remimded me that I have professional photo's of my kids about the same age like this that I am yet to scrap. My little boy Finn's middle name is Noah, I love that name lots :)

    ReplyDelete