Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's the simple things....

Firstly I want to start this post with some very exciting news! One of my good friends, who has a young family like me, has started on an exciting journey buying a company, that I and many of you frequent - Remember When Paper Company! I am so excited for Lee and want to do all I can to support her.
Remember When stocks the full range of Bazzill papers. Lee is currently restocking many of the colours and patterns, she also has some fabulous new products such as Dotted Swiss. There are some favourites being bought back like Bazzill in a Box, and to celebrate Lee is offering 10% off until the end of March. But the best bit is that Lee has decided to stock American Crafts products, so it now makes her my one stop shop for all I need. Pop over and visit her site, show her some support and you might just be suprised at what you find!
Onto my post for the day, it is the simple things that bring the most joy. Today I took my kids and our friend and neighbour and we caught the train to Brooklyn, we had such a fabulous day in the sun, and to watch the kids so happy at a simple train ride and a play in the park made me realise it is the simple things that make you smile.
I have popped by Di's blog today and I saw the simple things that Di has captured that mean so much. Also Jo is working on a special little project, which while not simple on its own, the idea is simple. Capturing your family in their everyday life, the things I enjoy everyday and would love someone to capture. Jo got the idea from Tara Whitney and while I would LOVE to be able to have Tara do this for me, the idea is much more important and makes me want to have a go myself - or get someone else to help so I am in it!
While this post is a little cryptic with all the links, if you go check out a couple I hope you will be inspired to capture your own simple things, and with that in mind here is my page.













While I was working on my page I wasn't sure about it, I thought perhaps it didn't have enough, that it was too simple. But I am so happy with the result. It is all about simplicity. The LO looks good and it focuses on the most important part, the photos. When I see this it takes me back to that day and makes me smile on the inside, it was just a simple trip to the beach but such a happy memory.
Take a look around this week and treasure the simple things.

5 comments:

  1. LOve this layout Shannon! The colours are perfect...simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple is perfect Shannon - love this one. As Ali Edwards says, Photos + Words = all you need. But your colour and font choices compliment the story beautifully. BTW, just popped over to RW. So happy Lee is stocking AC products - love their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO Shannon, these have to be my ultimate favourite colours ever, my whole house is slowly filling up with these colours, they work perfectly on your page. I love that we can inspire each other it's great, my project is nearly done:) I totally agree when you look around there are simple treasures everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls for your kind words - am smiling lots - it is the simple things that make you smile!

    ReplyDelete