Friday, August 14, 2009

My birthday

I know I have promised this story for a bit, well here it is finally. It is such a beautiful sunny day out here I feel I should be outside but I am in trying to post and scrap.
So a few Saturday's ago while most of you were off on your scrapping weekend, I got up to spend my birthday with my family. We ditched our regular swimming lessons and packed up the car and headed to Sydney. Funny place some of you may be thinking, but one of my favourite things to do is go on an adventure with my family, and it was such a glorious day, much like the one we are having today. So for my first shot I should rewind to the night before, my husband came home early to stop off and get me some of my favourite flowers, how gorgeous are these!So on my birthday morning we packed up the car and headed on our mini road trip to Sydney. The kids watched a movie and fell asleep on the way so it was an enjoyable trip.
We made it to The Rocks, an older part of Sydney and we wandered around The Rocks markets and then went to the Discovery museum to learn a little history about the area. Noah loved it looking at all the old things and learning about where they came from, in the area.We then had lunch and after that we opened some presents, I got some beads the kids picked out for my pandora bracelet, a pink one Noah picked out and a handbag for Kate and I, we like to shop. I bought the exact same one but smaller for her. She loves that we have the same. And both the kids love looking at my bracelet and pointing out the ones they have chosen for me.We also snapped a couple of pics of me with the kids, this one is of Katelin and I, and yes that is the Sydney Opera House in the background. Katelin is of course wearing here tutu, which she chose to wear and I posted a story about it here.From the presents we headed around to the Australian Museum to see the dinosaurs, which Noah has a fascination with at the moment. I must say both the kids loved the museum and thankfully they have lots of hands on exhibits and even a child's play area.
In a side note, when we went into the museum Noah asked if we were going to see the walking sock, his memory amazes me, he is talking about our visit to the Powerhouse Museum in Sept last year, he was only 3 and a bit. He really loved the Powerhouse and I recommend taking the kids to see it, it is a great day out, lots of hands on things there too.While looking at the Dinosaurs exhibit we did some dusting for fossils, Noah has a great time. There were also some things to make Dinosaur noises and looking at Dinosaur bones and other fun activities. It was a great time for all of us, I loved watching their enjoyment and their learning. From there we walked back through Hyde Park and caught a free bus back to Circular Quay then onto The Rocks again. From there we headed home, it was a fun day but very long, we got the kids bundled into the car gave them some food I had packed and they watched another movie quietly. Noah fell asleep on the way home, I had changed them into clothes they could sleep in so we put him to bed and Kate got settled in before we did a quick change to get ready to go out for dinner. My parents watched the kids while we went out for dinner with some of our good friends. It was amazing to go out and have a real dinner without having to share, and to be able to finish a conversation. It was really great to spend time with such great friends. Really a great finish to a perfect birthday celebration. Here is the only (really bad) shot of is at dinner, there are a coupe of husbands missing from the shot.
To finish the day or weekend, I had to cook some cupcakes as Noah was really concerned that we hadn't made any kind of birthday cake to celebrate with - what birthday is complete without a cake!And finally my other birthday present didn't quite make it in time, it arrived about a wek later (from America) but it was so worth the wait. I love it! It is a pendant with all of our names on it and it is so special to me. It also has 3 crystals on it, usually birthstones but since my kids are born in the same month I chose a pink and a blue one, with a clear one in between! I am so happy with it and it is the perfect way to carry my family with me always!

2 comments:

  1. Great story about your birthady. It is a seriously full day. I was reading thinking that I live here in Sydney and haven't done that day out in forever, I really should take the kids in more often.Your necklace is beautiful!!! I have been looking for one similar. Maybe I could angle for one for christmas :) Thanks for sharing, glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pendant is fantastic!! And isn't the Australian museum great? We took the kids there a couple of years ago and they have been asking ever since to go again!

    ReplyDelete