Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A crafty adventure

Hi all, I am still here. I wish I could just work out how to get the posts from my brain onto the computer by just thinking - think I could make a bit of money if I did :)!
Anyway thought I would share what I have been up too. I am having a kind of break from scrapping - think I have been putting to much pressure on myself to get some catching up done.

So back to my adventure, I mentioned before I have sold things at a baby markets. They also hold a market to sell new things every once and a while and I have been wanting to go for ages, we always seem to have something on when it is on. This time not so my little girl and I headed on a road trip to Sydney, took about an hour to get to Mathilda's market.

I had a lovely time looking at all the delicious goodies they had to share. I must say I was also very restrained! Not too much purchasing :)

I bought a couple of nice clothing pieces, I haven't taken photos of Katelin in them yet. I will share what I got though. I bought this nice skirt from here. Sorry you will have to go have a look, I don't want to borrow their photos. They don't have a picture of the exact fabric I got either. I also really loved the reversible denim pinafore but they didn't have any in Katelin's size.

I also got a cute little summer dress, which we are wearing at the moment with jeans and a white long sleeve t shirt underneath. It came from here. I got the first one the aqua dress. Katelin is loving it, and if you have a smaller person you can get cute little bloomers too!

Onto my change of pace, I bought this too.













It is a kit to make an owl out of a sock! I thought these little fellows were adorable and had to bring one home - now I have the pattern and I can make more. Looks like I will be as Noah has taken a liking to Katelin's one. You can see them here.
So it took a few hours, but I have finished my little fellow, I guess it is a girl since she is pink, her name is Toot!



















This is Toot finished and I made her all on my own! She is so cute and Katelin loves her. They have other animals to make over at Craft Schmaft.

Onto a couple of LO's to share. I have done a few pages lately, both lifts of Nicole's one is a fav and I have used it a few times now.






































Sorry about my lousy photo taking skills I can't seem to keep the camera straight at the moment. Hope you see some inspiration and Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. love great markets, not that I ever manage to get to any up here! ;-) someone needs to set up a great online market for those of us who can't get there! love the Joy layout too...and going to check out the owl website as well!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon your Toot is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad you enjoyed making the owl, it's probably my favourite pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That owl is just DIVINE! I love it, my kids would go nuts for them especially Tahlia, she loves all things cute and little. It's nice to change pace for a while. There is a really awesome craft shop in Berry near my aunties house that has all cool patterns like the owl, I've often thought of trying something new like that, next time i'm there I will.

    ReplyDelete