Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2007 is over ...... Oh you already knew that?

I can say with a small exception (some fav photos that can only be scrapped when I am feeling very inspired or they turn into a flop) I have finished 2007. Such a great feeling for me - I am all about catching up, mostly just on some fav photos and the stories I have jotted down along the way. In the last 6 months I have filled away 2006 and now 2007 as well. Yippee! I am now going to scrap current photos - ie the last few months of 2009. I am leaving 2008 filed away half done at the moment I feel I need to move into the here and now to be more inspired and to record what is happening right now.
I must also say that while playing catch up I am not very inventive, I prefer to churn the pages out quickly so my pages are usually lifts of other pages I have seen or of my own. I find it quite quick to lift a page of my own since I keep my journalling and can just type over it. Onto my first page.
This one I was not too happy with when it came together, not as it was in my head but as I look at it now, I like it a lot more than a couple of days ago. It is lifted from Nicole here. The shots are some we took after we got home from a professional shoot. The same can be said of the next page, and yes I changed Katelin's top.
Is this page yelling at you? Perhaps it is just me and I seem to be doing a bit of yelling here, and I haven't done such a bright page for a while. It looked a little scary as it was coming together but now it is done I am quite happy with it. I lifted it from a challenge over at WCS, I am loving seeing other pages - so many different styles, I like to take a little idea or two and make it work for me. I tend to tone alot down.
Finally a couple of LO's about Noah - it seems I must have scrapped Noah a bit more as I was going along, I seemed more behind with Katelin in 2007. This first one didn't end up quite as I thought it would but I am happy with it and oh the pen makes it so much faster to get a LO finished - even if I am not that fond of my handwriting. The only thing I miss is getting the text exactly where you want it with the computer, I am not that great a judge in case you can't tell by my photos of my pages, they are always just a little off. And it is a lift from Nicole, a page called Holly - another that has been around a while not sure where it was originally posted.

This last one is a favourite, it is an old LO of Nicole's not sure where it was posted, it is an old one it was called Really Great Buds, and this is actually a lift of my own page if you get my drift and it has changed a little to suit my needs. Am loving the colours and how it turned out. Am filing away my pages now and off to do some editing, can't wait to get to some recent stuff but must make a trip to Harvey first! Happy Wednesday! Oh by the way do my pics look blury ir is it just me - something has happened and when I view my own blog things don't look right?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Great pages! I love how organised you are. If only I was too.....

    ReplyDelete