Monday, June 22, 2009

White bed at Last!

Those of you who visit often will know I have been searching for a white bed. I was hoping for a timber one, of good quality and with a nice glossy finish. I have been looking for about six months now, watching different styles come out and deciding which kind I liked. After a lot of looking I was not happy with the quality, especially for the prices they were starting at $600 and up to $1300! I should clarify yes it is for a kids bed, and it does not include a mattress.
Anyway Di sent me a link to a kids bed shop in Caringbah, about 2 hours away from me. Thanks so mush for the tip Di the store is amazing, it has some lovely linen and accessories too! I finally went, and was happy beyond words with all my traveling efforts. The beds there were just what I was after. Amazingly this quality that was far superior to anything else I had seen was also more in my price range, about $500 per bed. We looked at a few styles and decided what we liked and we headed home.
After much deciding we finally ordered two beds, one for Noah and one for Katelin, and they finally came today. YAY! I have just put Noah's together and it looks great, it was so easy to put together and the quality was just as I had hoped, the finish is awesome!
Here is Noah's room before.













And Noah's room after, he has a king single Palo, the website shows a Coffs Harbor, the Palo is white. You will be seeing more of Haris and Steve (the robots on Noah's bed) Noah has become robot obsessed and he bought these with the money he saved. I have bought him a robot quilt cover for Christmas, it looks like we will be redecorating in robots!













Here is Katelin's room before.













Here is Katelin's after, I should have said I was waiting for Kate to wake so I could put her bed together, I ran out of time last night to share this picture - better late than never! Katelin's is the Coolangatta, it is shown on the scrolling shots, or the Hayden in timber.













Here is a shot of her shelves, not sure I have shared them before.













The place I got the beds from is Kidz Bedz Warehouse and they were amazing to deal with.
Thanks for stopping by - hopefully some more scrapping tomorrow - I spent my time today putting Noah's bed together :)

3 comments:

  1. good job with the beds! off to check out the great store and possibly green with envy (I have to say there isn't a lot except wide open spaces in any two hour drive from my house!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bugga i missed you...i am so glad you found what you wanted...YIPEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've started reading this post so many times and kept getting interupted so finally I finished it. Those beds look amazing! White is just so beautiful. I can't believe Katelin is in a big bed...are you sad? Both your kids rooms are beautiful in colours and decoration. I have printed photos of Finns room after seeing your LO of the kids rooms, must get to that! Hope your doing well. JO

    ReplyDelete