Monday, May 4, 2009

Turning Two, in photos!

So as you know my baby girl is two and I thought I would share her celebrations in photos. I was so inspired by Di's beautiful words about her daughter, you can read here.
Official Birthday day starts with Daddy home for breakfast and your family bursting in with birthday greetings.



















Being two takes a little getting used to.













You get to open presents.













And your big brother loves to help.



















It is always great to have some happy birthday cake, even if it is wooden. Real cake was the order for breakfast. We didn't have any ready though.
Brunch with Mummy at our favourite place, Avoca Beach.



















Who doesn't love to eat sugar, you can get away with a lot when you are 2!













You also get birthday muffins.













We can never leave without playing in the sand, and just look at that view, who wouldn't want to eat here.













Throwing some sand is always fun.













And here is the special bracelet my family gave me, I know there is a cake and some pink. I got some more beads at my party too.













And sometimes you just look cute, when you are 2!



















Finally in the evening there is some Dorothy cake, and dinner with Nanny and Poppy. (Yes Mummy made the cake)



















Blowing out the candles, I am getting the hang of this!



















And on to my special tea party, such a fun party, just for me!



















Looking very fashionable in some of my new presents!



















Some more singing and candles to blow out, I know the words now too!



















The birthday girl gets all the balloons, there is one orange one for my brother though!













And after two days of partying a two year old has to get her beauty sleep!

2 comments:

  1. what a great celebration - love the gorgeous decorations! (and that tea set - was it tin? I saw one in a catalogue, loved it, then promptly forgot where I saw it!!) I think you'd have to be a pretty big girl not to enjoy a tea party like that! (and what two year old doesn't look unbelievably cute in little sunnies!)
    Can't wait to see these scrapped! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that recorded so much of the day, it looks like you had a fun weekend. That dorothy cake is awesome. I always make my kids cakes too for their bithdays, it's a lot of fun. That party set up with the tea set, flag line and ballons is just beautiful, I wish it was my party :) She looks so cute in that outfit too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete