Friday, May 21, 2010

Its not all fun and games

So the fun if digital pages has a down side. I spent a few hours this afternoon putting my digital pages together. Type A again, can't cope so well with only being able to print A4 and it being slightly too small for the 8.5 x 11 sleeves. So I feel the need to mount my pages. Today I printed out the last few I have made and got them all sorted out and ready to put into the albums.
This is almost the end. I have packed away my papers and the printing is done. It is satisfying getting them all done and into the albums, but the fun part is done the page is already mostly together. Sounds like I'm whining. I would have much prefered to be making some new pages. Perhaps I am not proficient at this process.
Almost all finished. I do love a pile of completed pages.
I also printed out these sneak peeks, so I have them ready to scrap. I think these will go on pages in my album, talking about the little details for the parties that I really enjoyed doing.
Here are Katie's party pages printed out, I had to mount them on cardstock so they were the correct size. I know. The printer also doesn't like to help me so it either chops some off or makes it smaller on the page so it ends up even smaller than close to 8.5 x 11. I am happy with how it turned out. Sorry about the photos. It rained here this afternoon, so you have reflection from my lights, and a very dark room. It's the best i could get.
Here's the journalling for the page. As I mentioned before I used Ali Edwards' Week in the life templates. Well I also used her idea of a long journaller to get the story down. If you haven't worked yet I have a lot to say.
The other side.
 I also did these pages the other day, catpuring the presents the kids recieved and who from. I think it's important to remember who gave you what and be greatful for those things. I have also found my kids really like looking at these pictures and picking out their favourite things even if they are from years before.
So I printed these and mounted them and put them in the album too. I also like to date my pages with a pencil on the back just so I know. I did this too, filed them all away, in rough order. Sometimes they get a little jumbled if there is a hole to be filled. I also had a flick through the pages I have done for this year. That was fun, there's a lof of favourites. And Kate had more pages than Noah. Not sure why that is. Maybe because she is at home with me more?
It's a good weekend for scrapping here.

6 comments:

  1. These are UNREAL Shannon!!!!! So cool to see so many pages done. They look awesome and DONE!!!!!
    Good on you for being so organised.
    Did you print them out at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you haven't worked yet I have a lot to say"

    hee hee! Pages are brilliant Shannon, you should be very pleased with the results - were these WITL or just a huge bunch that you have recently done?

    And I must be a tiny bit type A too, I can't handle pages slopping around in page protectors either, despite Amy's attempts to try and convince me otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are going to love it when they are older. To be able to look back on the memories you have preserved!! You Rock!!

    xo Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh these are brilliant and I love how you put them all together to photograph - shows your productiveness! ;-)

    How on earth have you overcome the way to store the long journaler ... I was just about to buy 6x12 protectors and then realised they'd be far too big - what did you do? The WITL template looks pretty fabulous - do you find the photo areas are large enough for your photos? I always find that a lot of my shots get chopped off, even with re-sizing ... perhaps my subjects are too far apart sometimes!

    LOL on the talking ... obviously by my comment here you can tell that I seem to have quite a bit to say as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't get the page protector problems - I actually don't like it when I have to squeeze my layouts into their sleeves ... prefer a bit of room, but certainly NOT slopping about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you haven't been well so I invited you over for a blog coffee. If you are feeling up to it though you can totally come over for real and have one hehe...

    xo Steph

    ReplyDelete