Friday, May 14, 2010

Sneak Peek again and 100th post.

So there is no creativity and nothing exciting going on for post 100. Maybe for 101? You'll have to wait and see.
I just wanted to pop in and show you what I have been up to for Noah's birthday. Which is tomorrow. I have had the flu/chest infection for the last two weeks so I haven't been up to much.
The plan for Noah's party is a trip to Luna Park. I checked with the few parents before and then Noah chose what he wanted to do. He didn't really understand until we saw it on the tv a few days ago. After that he got very excited and he asked me the other morning when his birthday was, we recounted the things that would happen this week before his birthday and his little eyes were so wide with excitment when he talked about the ferris wheel and all the other rides and that he could go on them more than once. I can't wait to take him.

So here is the peek. I have the presents all wrapped and ready to go. I should mention, tomorrow is his actual birthday. So we have presents in the morning then pack up and head to the park, which is about an hour and a half drive. So organisation is the key. We have asked everyone to pack their own picnic lunch, we will hit the rides and then some lunch and cake, yess I have packed the plates and the candles and the matches. I am off to make a Wall E cake next. Some of Noah's presents of course it includes lego of the Star Wars variety, funny cause he doesn't really know what Star Wars is, it's just the space ship thing.
I have packed little snack boxes for them, instead of lolly bags. They have a popper, cheese, fruit shapes and a tooth holder for lost teeth, an LCM bar and yoghurt sipper. I hope they like them and have a load of fun.
Oh did I mention that Jessica Watson is planning on sailing into the harbour right at 11am, (Luna Park is on the harbour for those who don't know). I couldn't have planned better if I tried, she was due last week. Oh well, will be a big day in the city. I am sure Noah will have a ball.

10 comments:

  1. Shannon, your attention to detail is absolutely amazing! Sounds like it will be a big day on the harbour ... Happy Birthday to Noah, I hope he loves every minute and that you start to feel better soon :-) Have a great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'fuel' boxes.
    You might be best to catch the train because the roads are expected to be really bad with lots of roads closed. The radio stations have been comparing the crowds to New Years Eve.But who knows maybe it won't be as bad as they are predicting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahh Amy, have you not worked out by now that I am very type A! I really wish sometimes I was not. Wall E cake completed picnic packed, presents ready cameras charging all systems go. Cathy I know the reports are not great, I am hoping that because we are on the north of the harbour and she will be docking in the south we might escape some of the headaches. And I don't think we'd go so well with a picnic basket, goodie bags a Wall E cake and a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old on the train :) it would be a sight! The RTA site says all roads good where we need to head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, you have seriously out done yourself. That 'sneak peak' looks so fun that I think I want to come too :) My question is how are you that organised to have made all the things in the photos, printed them and scrapped it and still sound so clam???? Well done. I hope you have the greatest day. Happy Birthday Noah! Can't wait to hear all about it. Jo xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. No definitely wouldn't be fun carting all of that stuff. Good luck, I'm sure it will all be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks great, and I am still waiting for our invitation in the mail obviously! ;-) have a great day Noah.
    Now you look to be a person to look to for advice on ipods and little kids, as I see one in his awesome box of pressies....I was thinking of one with speakers for the girls this christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you sure picked a perfect day to be heading to the Harbor City!!!
    Hope Noah has an amazing day too...Happy Birthday Noah!!!
    Sigh...so wish I was Type a!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... hope you really are feeling much better... Hoping Luna Park was a hit but I am sure it truly was. And do I spy a pocket keeper amongst the gifts? hehe

    xo Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, the invites went out a while ago, I spend most of April preparing for the parties as I know May is a write off. The presents were wrapped a few days before. The boxes ordered in April and I filled them and made the labels on Thursday I think, so Friday was just making the cake and packing the picnic. I like to collect the presents for a few months before. Cathy the car was definately required! Sharon didn't I email you an invite ;) and you left it a little late to head down! Those mp3 players came from Aldi and they are a big hit. One with speakers would go down well for your girls and lots of dancing. I am considering speakers for Noah's.
    Di it was a glorious day, and Noah had an awesome day. And Jessica Watson arrived just late enough for us to see her while we were having lunch. And there was no traffic!
    Type A is very stressful love. It just looks nice when I only show you the fun bits!
    Steph it sure is, arrived just in time. There will be a post soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon, Aldi sounds like the best shop for getting non-grocery bargains (isn't that where you got my tea sets from?!) and yes, i think if there were one in their room there would be much dancing and singing, that is why I will be choosing the music to load onto it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete