Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week in the life, photos and words Wednesday

So amongst a few other biggish projects I am trying to fit into this week, I thought I'd play along with Ali's Week in the life. I have decided I will just use her templates, so I can get on and get it done this week. Otherwise I won't finish it. I'm going to print out some of the cards and take them with me tomorrow.
Each day has a different focus for me.
Monday was working out my rhythm, taking photos and making notes.
Tuesday was snapping photos of the moments I wanted to write about, to help jog my memory.
Today is kind of a time line, I wanted to write down more time slots. I am failing so far. But my plan is to use the picture time stamps, mental note, forgot to change time over when daylight savings changed so it's an hr out. 
6.52am Good Morning Kisses. Kate finally slept or stayed in bed till almost 7 am. Hasn't happened since daylight savings changed back. I heard her earlier but she either laid in bed or dozed.
7am. Noah in to report he has packed away this toys and made his bed. I love when he greets me like this. 
7.30 am I had a shower and left the kids in bed to watch the telly. I enjoyed the quiet, although Kate is quite whiny about her toe, it is really sore. Dressed I took my photo, I wish there was time in the morning to do my hair but no. I also want to record my necklace, I love it, my family close to my heart.

7.50am Vitamins for Noah, he is loving them and I love he wants to take them.

I already recorded making my bed, so made bed and sent the kids out to get breakfast.

7.53am Kate's getting her own breakfast, plain weet bix with milk in a spinning bowl.


7.56am Noah getting the banana for his breakfast, apricot weet bix bites with banana no milk.

So while the kids sat and ate breakfast I put on a load of washing, tidied the kids rooms, made beds, put away clothes swept out the laundry. That took me till 8.30am where I got the kids dressed ate a bowl of cereal and put away the breakfast dishes and toys. The kids put their jammies in their rooms. Finally we headed out the door to pre school at 9am. Late. I wasn't happy but there was lots to be done. I think I missed a few jobs.
I asked Kate to get dressed and she said I can't, I can't do my bow up, I was amazed she could work out the outfit had a bow. She said ok in a minute.
Need to do the groceries today. No fruit in the bowl.
So with a shopping list in tow, I told Noah we were running late and we didn't have time to play at pre school today. He was happy with that. He did ask for donuts after pre school yesterday, so they are on my list. He will be happy.
9.30 Leaving pre school to do the groceries.

Things seem to be quite slow today with Kate in tow, I wanted to get more done, but the hours drifted away from me. 10am at the Deli, the girls know her and that she likes to press the button and pay for the meat. We had already been to the chemist and the butcher. I would have liked to take more shots, like Kate giving the chemist the toe powder to pay for but it takes time, and I didn't like holding people up.

10.10am The fruit shop, and eating devon she picked form the deli.
We need to note I like to buy my meat from the butcher and my fruit and veg from the green grocer/fruit shop. So after this we loaded the shopping in the car and drove to the other end of the centre to do the groceries in Wooloworths. I am not a big fan of Coles (right next to the butcher) although I will shop there sometimes.
We did the groceries in Woolies, got the things from our list, some snacks for lunch, squeezie youghurt and cheese and bacon rolls. We focused on buying some decorations for Katelins cupcake and cookie decorating party. She had fun choosing the decorations.
We loaded the groceries in and rang Aunty Trace to see if we could call in and do the Hills' Angels cheques for her.
She was very pleased to see us and it was a great help to her for us to do the cheques. We called in at 11.45am. It took longer than I wanted doing the cheques as I didn't get Kate into bed until  12.40pm after we had bought the groceries in. I was aiming for 12.

1.37pm The sore toe is posing a problem, at most bed times it seems to hurt, it is quite sore, with a chunk of skin off. So we put on the new powder we bought and off she went.  Kate took the photo.
Kate only sleeps roughly every second day now, and there was no nap at pre school yesterday. If I am too late getting her in bed she won't sleep even though she is so over tired. I also have to bribe her to go straight to sleep, with an activity we will do when she wakes. Today it was cooking cupcakes to practise. It worked, she was asleep before 1pm.
I haven't take any photos, but I have sat in front of the laptop until she woke again at 3.17pm. A nice nap. She told me she woke to do a wee. It could have been an even longer nap if not for the wee.
I checked emails for Just Like Katie, excitingly there was an email question about a dress. Not so exciting, they wanted to sell my stuff. I don't think so yet. Bit of blog reading getting my game plan for Week in the life. 
Chat with Linda about Group tomorrow, the plan, Hillie as always, Susies baby tomorrow, the kids group birthday party. Always so many things going on. I am still making a list of things for Kates party, which is only a week and a half away. My baby will be 3 sigh.
Kate is awake now. Watching telly while I finish my post. We are going to cook cupcakes and unpack the groceries then get Noah.
More later.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Shannon! You have made an extremely detailed start to the project - I might play another week I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, another week! need to get my head organised first! great photos and documenting, can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls. I just bit the bullet and decided to do it. It was hard, as next week is Kate's birthday. But I thought if I don't do it now I won't do it at all. I plan to scrap the pages as I go too. Next week will be a little hectic.

    ReplyDelete