Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesdays part two

So the afternoon was a bit rushed and I ended up a little frayed. I think everyone is very tired here.
 3.50pm Groceries and unpacking, always fun. I didn't do it straight away so Kate could get a good sleep. It worked thankfully. So late unpacking.
3.52pm Whipping up the cupcakes I promised Katie. In a hurry to get Noah from pre school.
 4.24pm The donuts Noah asked for yesterday. When he got home he noticed them and he came over to me and said thanks Mummy for getting me the donuts. It made me feel so happy.
 4.25pm Decorations we bought for Kate's party, I am hoping these will make it easy and fun. We are going to try some out on the cupcakes we made. Didn't happen tonight.
4.29pm Putting my veges into their Tupperware containers to keep them fresh. I don't always make the time to this and my last weeks veges felt it, they were limp and soggy. So I need to make the effort more often.
4.35pm Noah is supposed to be collected at 4.30pm, I was late heading out and these jobs I needed to do on the way. Bank my cheque and post Ruby's invite to Kate's party.
4.47pm Posting Ruby's invite. After banking the cheque.
5.07pm. After picking up Noah from pre school, we headed to get petrol. Stevie one of the girls wore her pop over skirt today and a couple of the teachers want some, so maybe I will have a few sales. Yay! There was a que at the petrol station because it was after work time and Anzac weekend is coming up so prices will be high. I filled up just  in case.
We came home and the kids watched some Curious George while I prepared the dinner. I worked on a few meals at once. I was preparing rissotto and it takes time to cook. So I made some rice patties to freeze and a quiche, not sure if I will freeze this or eat it in the next few days. The cooking was good. The kids a little whiny.
Dinner did not go well. Everyone was tired, the kids didn't eat and ended up being sent to bed, they ate their chicken, no rice. Noah complained and cried, he seems to be very over tired.
Kate was just mucking around not sure why, something about not liking the taste of the rice. 
7.03pm Noah asleep after he said he would stay awake all night because we wouldn't read him a story. The no storywas because of the not eating dinner and being cranky about being asked to go to his room. You can still see th cross look on his face, but he was so tired it was only abou 5 minutes after I put him to bed.
7.07pm Kate and her stalling tactics, she had a sleep so she is always harder to get to bed. I remember having the same issues with Noah. So this is her going to use our toilet, not the one close to her, or the potty in her room. She has the stool and her moo cow torch as it was dark and she needed to turn the light on. Of course the flash made it lighter. She frustrates me with the stalling tactics, but they are often very cute, I love the stool and the torch, such forward thinking!
7.18pm So after getting the washing off in the dark I am folding it. I really dislike no daylight savings. Some washing done, more tomorrow. Our line doesn't get much sun so I try to do one load a day. Wednesday is washing day as Noah is at school. I find it easier. When it is school next year I think I will have to change, school uniforms will need more washing.
So Kate didn't go to sleep until after 8, and I am sitting here blogging my day. I will be glad I did it to refer back to, but I really would like to get on and do some pages. Not quite the night I thought it would be, I figured cupcake decorating would be fun. But when do things go to plan? Not often with the kids around.
It was a lovely day all round though. I hope everyone gets a good nights sleep and wakes up happy.

5 comments:

  1. Oh look at your gorgeous boy - mine was super cranky tonight as well :-) Jules is a master staller - I roll my eyes a lot!

    And school uniform ..... buy a shirt for every day, they get trashed and it is almost impossible to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kids go to bed early! I wish...however we stay outside late, and their dad mostly doesn't get home til dark (6:30 - 7pm) we don't have tea until 7:30 and bed for all kids 8:30.
    And daylight savings would be woeful up here. Sorry, not a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They go to bed any where between 6 and 7.30. Remeber Kate is not quite 3, and she goes this early when she doesn't have a day sleep. They are both sick at the moment, if I don't put them in earlier the just don't get the rest they need :) In summer it is later as we can play outside. Daylight savings or non, means it is dark at 5.30pm now, and they are getting up at 6am cause it's light. Used to be 7. I love the light at the evening end of the day cause Andrew goes to work early, and it is nice for him to come home in the daylight (5.30pm) and be able to play. Not wishing the daylight thing on you at all. Just more sunlight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, how come you life is a mirror of mine. Ahh, such is the life of a Mother. Good job Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your comment on Amy's blog and popped over. I love how you're documenting your day in the life online, it's so handy when you need to check back on something. I haven't done very well with the journaling side but have taken photos :)

    ReplyDelete