Wednesday, March 3, 2010

365 - what does it mean to you?

I was slow to warm to this idea. At first I felt left out, I don't read many blogs so I didn't know what it was. Then I wasn't sure what I thought about taking a photo every day! I thought it would be so much pressure and as I have gone through the first two months of this year it has been on my mind.
I decided that maybe it would work for me. Little pieces of my everyday captured.
I am inspired by the way Ali Edwards has been putting together her 365, project life, using Becky Higgins kit. I have looked into it a little further and decided it could be simple enough for me to do.
Just photos, word from the journalling jotted on my flickr page.
The thing I think I like the most is there are some little stories captured, without having to do a whole page. Things I want to remember but aren't big enough for a whole page!
Here are a few shots and their words.
Copyright Bianca Allwood, Little Branch Photography.
February 25th ....This gorgeous photo of us was taken by Bianca at our A Current Affair interview. Hil looks great and we are radiating pink! We love Hil!
 
March 1st ....We had some quiet time today we sat and played picnics had some lunch and watched Island Princess for the first time in a long time. You set up the picnic on your own. It was nice to just hang together.
March 2nd .... Mum and I took a trip to the trade fair in Sydney. It was fun to look at all that stuff together and I like that we chatted about her when she was little, how adored she was by Pappar, how he looked after her, left her picking bluebells and things about when she was little and her family. Love learning these stories. Taken with iphone
March 3rd .... Fairy juice for my girl! This morning we had no juice. You were excited to do the groceries after your trip to the chiropractor, so as a treat I said you could have a juice (to put some magnesium in) and I started reading you the flavours and you said the fairy one mum! Of course, love how you see things! Taken with iphone. Think this might be a 3 x 2 shot.What are your thoughts?


By the way, I do have photos for most of the days I missed, and a few others I can slot it. Perhaps Jan and Feb will only have two weeks each. Currently I am working backwards.
And what is with this weather, the first of March seemed to signal a cold snap here - Summer you can linger a little longer, we don't need 20 degree temps on the first day of Autumn!
Finally I have to say that Hilarie just shone on our episode of Domestic Blitz, I am just so proud and hounoured to be a part of her life!

1 comment:

  1. I am completely overwhelmed at the thought of taking a photo every single day - I know this project is not for me. I love the results though and I'm envious of those who embark on 365, I'd get frustrated if I missed days here and there!
    The idea of having small stories covered is very appealing and like my 12 on the 12th I find the small stories help to jog my memory for the bigger stories that I want to scrap about.

    ReplyDelete