Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A very scrappy week

Ok so I have had another scrappy afternoon. It has been much needed me time after my harrowing week. I mentioned Andrew worked the long weekend, and I had a lot of trouble with Katelin sleeping, I didn't tell the story of my wardrobe, just a shelf and hanging rack, but professionally installed when we built our house just fell down on Thursday when I was getting my clothes out. Not on me, I wasn't hurt but it was a lot of clothes and a great big mess. Will share more when I take more pics. After a week of clothes everywhere we have finally got a small hanging space sorted and the other clothes are in apple boxes, used as shelves. Will take photos and write more. It is funny now but wasn't at the time and very frustrating when you want the item on the bottom of a very heavy pile!
And on Saturday, I had all my lights go out. We worked out how to get half of them back on, but a house in half darkness is difficult. I finally worked out we had a leaky roof by walking in water, Andrew climbed up to stop the water getting in, but as for fixing it, that only happened yesterday when he came home early to fix it in the daylight. So add to my week no lights in half the house for 4 days, LONG WEEK!
On a happier note, I have been very scrapping organised - and my house is mostly tidy - will call a wardrobe fitter soon. I have started Ali Edwards' Yesterday Today and part of the first week was to look through your albums and write what you love and what you would change, I have worked out I really like simple pages with lots of journalling about the time, it is great to go back and read older stories! After I did that I filed away the pages I have been working on. I have done 20 pages this week, and only of them were 12 x 12. I have found 8.5 x 11 very quick mostly anyway. Agata, when I did those pages in an hour and a half I must have been having a good day, no interruptions quick decisions etc. Most of my other pages took longer.

I am putting the pages between my words to break them up, I have a lot of little tidbits to share in this post. As I was filing these pages I worked out 2009 seems to be the year of the collage in my albums so far and I am having lots of fun with them. I like looking back at them. Also as I have been filing, I put them in rough date order in my albums, not always exact - doesn't work. I write in lead pencil on the back of each page the date the photo was taken. I get this from the digital photo files. I find this helps later on. On the odd occasion I don't journal the exact date on the page.


I have enjoyed scrapping these few pages and I found working from a small pile made me feel better, and now I know August and some old pictures from my mobile phone are all scrapped. I am going to pick out and edit photos from September before Harvey Normans 12 c sale finishes on Sunday. Don't think I am up to date then either, I have another pile from earlier in the year I pull out and work on too.

I have not yet come up with a solution to the blurry photos, they are fine before I post them. And Di yours don't look blurry at all to me, I can click on them make them bigger and read the journalling just fine.

And a final note, thanks for the comments about Katelin's sleep, we will keep working on it and see how we go. I know she needs the sleep because if we are in the car around sleep time, or if I take her for a drive when she won't sleep she nods off in like 5 minutes and when I bring her home she sleeps for at least 2 hours if not more. Cheeky little monkey. I will let you know if she improves. I have a few more pages to share tomorrow, these ones are ones I did on Sunday. Happy scrapping.
PS sorry if there are grammar errors no time to check off to pick Noah up from pre school now.

4 comments:

  1. What a busy little scrapper you are!!! And with everything going on around you...well done.
    Love all your pages...where would we be without white cardstock!
    Thanks for reminding me about harveys 12c prints...better get onto that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    I've come by for a visit from Di and Nicole's blogs - I LOVE your pages!
    You have done so well to scrap so much with the crazy week you have had, hopefully things will be back on track soon. What size photo did you use for the top layout? I'm trying out the 8.5 x 11 size a fair bit at the moment as well, it does come together a bit quicker.
    Good luck with the toddler sleeping stuff - they can be such little monkeys can't they?
    Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy,

    Have read some of your comments on Nicole and Di's blogs. Do you have a blog? Would love to stop by. Thanks for the visit. The photo is a 6 x 8 which I cropped to a 5 x 7, it is actually 5 1/4 inch, I couldn't quite cut off her toes, like the shoes too much. And I used a 6 x8 as I already had it printed. I have been enjoying the scrapping break. It is much needed. As I type I have put Katelin back in bed 5 times already! She is so tired though!
    And Monkey is not the word that comes to mind right now, although I will revert to it later! Sigh
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I started a blog about 2 months ago and so far I've got it private. I'm soooo chicken about going public and I am concerned about privacy issues - I know, I'm a big sook! Got any advice? How do you get around those sorts of issues? I like the concept of a place to keep all of my journaling but if I'm going to journal I want to be able to write about pretty much everything. I don't think any one would really be interested in my stuff anyway, it's more the thought of the wierdos if you know what I mean?
    Amy.

    ReplyDelete