Monday, October 5, 2009

More pages .... a scrappy long weekend

Ok so lets start at the beginning of my story. In NSW this is a long weekend, and originally my husband had this next week booked as holiday's, as it got closer his holidays got cancelled and he told me he would have to work the whole long weekend. I knew this wouldn't go down well with the kids, as they haven't seen their Dad much this week. I have been good at outings to distract them, but myself I have been going crazy. I start with a story of having trouble getting Katelin to sleep. It is a vicious cycle of lack of sleep, sleeping late and waking early. And it is doing my head in, especially without another pair of hands around.
So I took these photos on Friday, before most of my troubles escalated. I had just watched my first video lesson on Yesterday and Today and I realised that Katelins not staying in bed and going straight to sleep was a story I needed to tell. This story starts with Kate waking at 5am, cold and unable to go back to sleep. I thought since she had been up so long she would go down well at lunch time, but no! First she got up and came out and wandered outside, then to go to the toilet, then again to see me and I took a princess away, then she put in a dvd, and I took millie away, then she played and I took her blanket away, then she had all her toys out so I took them away and gave her Millie back. 7 checks 3 bottles of milk and numerous discussions she finally went to sleep, after an hour and a half. She had read some books and used her basket to climb up to turn the light on.

So that is just one sleep, try this every day for the last 3 days for a lunch sleep and a night sleep. Tried skipping lunch sleep things just got worse, and Andrew didn't even come home last night. So I have had a hard weekend, so I needed some me time and I haven't had a husband around so I have been super scrapping.
Here are some of my pages, this has been the same as the formula on my last post. I have been loving the quick pages and I feel great actually getting some done. I have worked through my pile for August and some old pics too.

So this page below I finally did the journalling for, it is my attempt at Nicole's sketch challenge before last. I will have a go of the last sketch too when I have a little more time.

So I am off to finish the last few pages. Then I need to shop at RW they are on sale until midnight tonight,10% off. After that some photo editing, I hear Harvey have 12c prints at the moment.
Enjoy your Monday!


PS Sorry images still blurry, not sure why, more homework required, they aren't blurry here. I think it is something I have accidentally done to blogger. Hard to find a solution when I don't know the problem.

3 comments:

  1. Love your pages! And what a productive little girl you have been on this long weekend!! YIPEE!!
    I can so relate to the sleeping thing...Liv is still not easy at bedtime but at 4 she will keep herself busy in her room till she is ready to sleep then hops into bed (well most nights) and off she goes. I gave up fighting this...i just figured she knew when she was ready to sleep. Hang in there!!!

    I think it is blogger, i feel like my pictures on my post aren't clear either???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all of the pages are blurry. The 1st and 3rd are quite, the 2nd and 4th almost not at all and the last one just a bit...But this is just a detail because your pages are great! I think the sleep thing will settle by itself with time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pages, a fantastic batch (be using some for inspiration for when I ever get time to scrap again!) Not sure about the sleep thing - my daughter was a bit older (2 1/2 I think?) when she gave up her dummy, but I think she would have been a shocker to sleep without. But she was old enough to realise that she had lost it, and after some tears at bed time and having to sit with her two nights, she got over it. And the early morning rising? That will probably pass soon enough - instead of a sleep in bed during the day, what about a movie and some "quiet time" and set her up with pillow etc, if she is that tired she might fall asleep watching the movie. Has happened in this house ;-) I try not to fight battles that I am not going to win!!

    ReplyDelete