Sunday, April 5, 2009

Some recent favourites

This week has been insane, and I feel like I haven't got much scrapping done - but I have - just not as much as I could have. I haven't been feeling very creative and I haven't had the time either.
For some crazy reason I thought it would be good to have two babies born around the same time. I had good reasons, same maternity clothes, same neutral baby clothes as they would be roughly ther same size at the same season - now these were perfect ideas and it is how it worked out. However someone forgot to tell me that this also means their birthday's are close together FOREVER! And they are closer than I thought they would be! Two weeks exactly apart. So I have been preoccupied planning their birthday's not quite parties as such. So start with one tea party for a two year old (morning tea at a cafe and taking tea set) add in one tenth wedding anniversary the following weekend, and don't forget Mothers Day that same weekend, then finish with a 4 year olds party the following weekend. We are having a bring your own lunch gathering at our local beach - no presents required! As you can imagine May is a busy month in our house every year - none of those events change and Mothers Day is always thrown into the mix. But it is fun! Once it is all planned that is.
So I will just share a few of my recent favourites. I am also trying to upload pages to my gallery. I have been taking photos of pages as I do them and adding them in, as well as older pages from the current album I am working on. I am making slow progress.
At this point I will add in a disclaimer, pretty much all of my LO's at the moment are straight lifts of Nicole or Di's work. Sometimes I change them, sometimes I reuse a page of my own which originally may have come from Nicole or Di - this is why sometimes I forget their origins!
This first one is of Noah's second birthday (Note we are about to have fourth birthday!) There was no time for scrapping then, one new baby, home for 1 week, hold two year old party - think I was insane or still on a hormonal high!



















I am really pleased with how this one turned out. I have also been having fun with the colours. Here is another from the same day - different story though. I had a lot of little things noted down that had changed since Noah turned two.



















I am happy with this page too. I have also scrapped a few pages today from this same day. 2 for Katelin's album and one for our family album. I have had such fun choosing different colours for the same photos. I will try to take some pictures tomorrow and share - bad light today and camera was flat! Lastly this is a page I had wanted to do justice to and I am really happy how it turned out.



















I Love this picture so much and I have been wanting to do it for a while. Black and white is always fun - choosing any colours you want. I let the pp I chose guide me. Funny thing about my LO was that a few days after I did it I happened to watch an episode of a current renovations show that I had taped from a few weeks ago. It has a feet picture like ours, hung on a wall the same colour as my cardstock (lakeshore, in case you wanted to know) and feature canvas' with a similar design to my pp. It was so strange for me to see I said to my husband that looks like my LO - blank look in reply. After I showed him he agreed.
So hopefully I will have a quieter week this week and I will make some more progress on my catch up scrapping. I do have to try and get some current shots printed too - so I don't continue to stay behind. Hope your week is creative.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    I hope you've had time to relax after being so busy, planning birthdays is hard work esp when they are close together.
    Love the colours in your layouts, they all work so well.
    We must have been to the same photographer for our bubbas because as I'm reading your post I'm looking up at the exact same picture of nick, mine and Finns feet when he was 2 weeks old. Cool pattern paper on that page, I wouldn't mind a canvas in it :) Good choices. JO

    ReplyDelete