Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter ..... Eggs and scrapping!

Well I know it is Easter but it has been quiet time at home just our little family this weekend. Something that we needed I think it has been a long time and lots of busy weekends lately. So hanging at home means spending time together and playing lots. It also means some quiet time for me while the kids have rest/sleep time. So I have been organising my photos on the computer and editing and finally printing some of my first shots of 2009! I know I know April is half over! But I have been scrapping madly, just older stuff and I have really been enjoying reliving the moments.
When was the last time you just sat down and looked through some of the memories you have created? It is really great to do. I have been doing it a bit, working through the old shots, organising the albums and taking shots of some favourites to upload to my flickr gallery.
Anyway onto the few things I want to share with you. My favourite page of the moment. I love how it looks but I am particularly proud because it was my own idea, it came out of my head and onto the page and I still really like it - doesn't always happen like that!



















It really is all about words, pictures and glue for me and some good cardstock thrown in. The more simple the better. I love it! I am thinking of making the top strip a scalloped edge, with the Fiskars threading waters punch, when I get it, it is on order.
Next is my page on Noah's room which I promised a couple of posts ago. I decided to go with the same LO as for Katelin's as I would have done them the same if I did them at the same time. I will do a different on for Noah's room when he first moved in. I haven't done that yet.



















I am pleased with how it turned out and that his story is captured. Now onto my collages of the last few days. Nicole suggested a collage idea and she posted about it here. So I tried using photoshop to create what I was going to try manually and I love how it turned out.



















It took a little while to create this first one, but I have saved it to use as a template and it was so quick to change out the photos. It is an 8 x12 photo, obviously I have covered some of it with cardstock, I wanted the width and not so much height. I think it looks great and it captures the moment of the day well. My last two are using the same collage structure one is just rotated. The first one is a direct lift from Nicole's post above.



















I Love the colours and how well they all worked together, I am so happy with how it turned out. Sorry the picture probably doesn't do it justice! And I am so pleased with the collage option as I have so many pictures at the moment that are a series with a story to tell. This was Katelin climbing into her empty suitcase (as most kids seem to do) when I was trying to pack for our holiday. And the last one is same idea, rotated and scrapped on 8.5 x 11, also from Nicole's post above, I just used a collage picture instead.



















These pictures are of Katelin and how she likes to lay down and do snow angel type movements in the sand, I think she likes the feel of it.
I have to say I love how quick these are to scrap once you have done the work in photoshop, especially with the handwritting! And I love the Bling paper RW has at the moment, it is not shown well in the picture but it adds a whole new dimension.
Hope you have all had a great Easter and I am sure many of you enjoyed chocolate eggs for breakfast like in our house.

3 comments:

  1. These are all fantastic LOs Shannon. You do "simple" so beautifully. And your own designs are just as pleasing to the eye as those of Nicole and Di. Trust yourself - you make great pages :) Love Anita. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours in all your layouts Shannon, I especially like the colours in the today you page. You have good handwriting, you should use it more :) Good on you for being so motivated. Hope you had a good easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Shannon - very inspiring to see how you bind your memories up forever in such a beautiful way xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete