Sunday, April 19, 2009

Some Layouts and Bunny Ears

Well perhaps I should have taken some photos of my Easter layouts from last year and shared those. Instead I am sharing what I have been working on during Easter and this past week. I didn't take a lot of shots this Easter, I am trying to catch the moments, not so much the events. So there are a few of the egg hunt, but mostly of Noah and Katelin sharing. It was beautiful to see. I have some great video footage which has captured what I want for my journalling. Here are my bunnies this year, we made ears at mothers group.






































I am inspired to take more bunny type Easter shots after reading Jo's great post at RW, hop on over and check it out! I love the idea of taking one each year as they grow!
Now my pages I have been working on. I am happy with them as they are somewhat my own. I started with an idea of a page in my head, usually one I have seen before and I just worked it out on the page. They all came together really well and I am pleased. I usually sit for ages trying to put a page together on my own, and these ones were quick. I love that. When you are playing catch up you have to make the most of your time!



















The first one is one of my all time favourite shots. I love the page and the photo just makes my heart smile. I am a little unhappy with the journalling. I can get the words on the page, but at the moment I feel a bit repetitive and that I am not getting the impact I want with my words. I was so inspired by Tara Whitney's post, apart from her always amazing photos, her words just got across the message so well. I need to think a little more about my words and try being a bit different.



















Before I go further, yes the pages are straight in real life, just not my best photo taking. While on things being wonky, my printer died a few weeks ago and I have been borrowing my parents. It does not like cardstock and prints slightly crooked on it. Now I am worried about getting a new printer and it doing the same. Does anyone have a printer they love? Mine is a HP and was great till it stopped working.
Back to my page, I tried to channel Tara a little here with my words, I am happier with this one and it really was all about the story this time. I love the page but my words just don't have the same impact as Tara's "this photo makes my HEART BURST INTO A TRILLION PIECES OF TINY HOT PINK GLITTER." taken from her blog post linked above.




















I love this one, it is loosely based on a page I had seen Ali Edwards do. I just made the photos and letters work together, and some hand written journalling to fit where I wanted it. This one is all about the moment and the title says it all. Love how this turned out.



















This last is the same as I shared last week I just did one for Katelin. I have had many photos lately which are a sequence telling the story so this has been a great way to get them all in. Love how the page turned out. And I am really loving pinks and oranges at the moment.



















Lastly this is Noah wanting to read Katelin her bedtime story the night before last it is moments like this that melt your heart. Got it on video too, will refer back to the video for my journalling.
Also I wanted to share that I love the way Ali Edwards just shared her Easter Sunday on her blog, such a great way to tell the story and get the words down, and then refer back to when scrapping the page. Enjoy the week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon, Thanks for linking me in your post :) Glad you felt inspired by the RW post...get clicking. I love your easter photo, those hats are so cute. Something about easter and cotton balls that is just so cute. Tahlia's hat for her preschool parade was covered in them. Love your LO's too. My fav is the fish in any weather, I like how the title is right through the page. You are so busy churning out the pages, I wish I could go as fast as you with pages...Well done for being organised :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl...super scrapper! These pages are so cool and love the colours you have used. Hard to pic a favourite but I agree with Jo..really love the fishing page! And love the brightness of the first page

    ReplyDelete