Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scrapping makes me happy

So on Tuesday, usually my working day, I decided it was Me day. I did a few jobs but then gave myself permission to just do what I wanted, which was scrap. I haven't been able to find any time lately. So I just played around a bit. It really did make me happy. I enjoyed it. Especially the paper scrapping. It has been a while and it was lots of fun.
So here are the results. Not the best photography, its really rainy here today. Funny cause it was lovely and sunny and a little warmer than it has been yesterday.


Of course I had to do a page about Noah and Pop. It was good for me and Noah will love it. I used Ali Edwards' Week in the life templates. I am really pleased with how it turned out. And the pictures make me smile. It has been a little tough for Noah to understand, but he is doing well and happy to talk. He will have some amazing memories, and I hope this helps record a few more of them. I do have some older pics on the still to be scrapped pile.

Here is how I added the journalling. I used the long journaller I created, I need to trim the sleeve yet. I had a lot to say so there is journalling on both sides.

This next page is the first one I did, and I find I am a little rusty after a break so I wasn't overly happy with this one, it was originally a lift here. I loved the pages of Agata and Moon, then Nicole had a go too. My thinking cap was not on, so chop white from top add a strip down the side. Now I can be ok with this.

The last one I love and it is a lift of Di's. Her scrapping fairy finished it off. Thanks scrapping fairy, I really love the page.

This last one I did a while ago and I think I forgot to share. I really like this one, was back with all the other butterflies.
I am hoping to do a few more pages over the next few days. I have a few pic that need to be printed. I love pictures, words, paper and glue.

3 comments:

  1. How fantastic is the 'i love' page??? The photo is sensational Shannon!
    I always love your pages and these are all lovely once again - glad to hear you had a day for yourself .... we have typical 4 seasons in a day here at the moment and have had a ripper of a storm late morning early afternoon, I'm learning to use my flash effectively :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colours of the last one! (and the story, somewhat similar here, although I wasn't nice enough to have the bunny take them, just said NO MORE, although he was using a sipper. Still let him have water, just no milk!)
    Go you scrapping queen, thats a good haul for the day. I am planning Saturday as a ME day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your welcome, and I am LOVING the resulting page 'i love'. Glad you were inspired. From the scrapping fairy.

    ReplyDelete