Friday, November 13, 2009

Words + photos + glue (tape) = happy


I have shared a little of all the craziness at my place recently. Thank you all for such kind words, and thanks for the tip Nicole, my best friend, Tracey just bought me back some lovely chamomile tea from a shopping trip to Melbourne. I just thought I would share my way of unwinding. I did this last weekend, and I meant to post earlier but time has not been on my side.

I had to make some time, another late night, to get some scrapping done. I just felt I needed to do it, there were some stories weighing on my mind that needed recording. So I sat and printed out journalling for most of these pages in one afternoon, then when the kids (and my husband) went to bed I sat cutting and gluing (well taping) together my pages.

I felt so much happier with myself once I had done it. I have been participating in Ali's class yesterday and today. It is so inspiring about recording the stories I just has so many floating around in my head they needed to get out.

I have found I am happy when these stories out and I have created something. I really do love my words and photos, and my inspiration, at this point usually for straight out copies, from my scrappy online friends. Thanks girls and thank you scrapbooking.

I also have to confess the collages were just waiting to be finished, so they were quick and I enjoyed them. The others just fit the photos I had to work with and the notes I had made. When I looked at the photos I had ideas about what I wanted to do with them so thankfully I had jotted notes and I went back to them, I wouldn't have remembered at the moment.


More stories of Katelin and bed time, which I must say has improved dramatically in the last few weeks. Night routine is good, we are down to one bottle and no nappy and mostly dry nights so today Katelin got rewarded with a Thumbelina doll. Days are a little harder but still working well.

Some about Noah's first sleepover and our time with Katelin on her own - more stories to write there.

Some about a lovely pre spring morning in the garden as a family.

One about our bush walk - more needed there too. And this last page is about Katelin and her love for the Island Princess Barbie movie, I especially wanted to capture this while it was still fresh, as this is not her favourite now, she is changing so quickly.

I'm off to work on some new photos now - Katelin went to pre school for the first time on Wednesday, and I really want to sort the photos, do a blog post and scrap while it is still fresh.
Can't believe my baby is gone and I have this big girl now. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Shannon, you have been so busy! I'm completely envious - I might have to have a late night soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't you been busy! I can't say I ever produce that many in one sitting - I must be too slow or think about things too long! good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats the key just churn them out if u want to get the stories told - not always the way for me either though some take ages. At the moment I have to make the most of the time I have - mostly for my sanity! Thanks girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are on a roll...go girl !!!
    great pages!!

    ReplyDelete