Sunday, November 1, 2009

Launching Just like Katie

Ok I know, I am sure I have no readers at all left! It is so crazy around here at the moment, I almost had a total melt down this afternoon - I got upset at the boys having played Legos with the bits I hadn't yet put together and labeled I know PLAYING with toys - not supposed to happen is it. I just couldn't get past the hours I have put in sorting and building! And hours I don't have to re-sort at the moment.
So along with the full time job of being a Mum, I have taken on the job of fundraising, which at the moment is taking an insane amount of time at the moment with an event for 400 people to put on in 2.5 weeks - oh and a website to keep updating - so little time.
So as if I don't have enough going on, I have been working on starting up my business ...just like Katie! A logo is on its way, website being constructed and much sewing has been done, on my mum's part so far. I mentioned that I had a few crazy opportunities pop up, well the first was a market stall last Friday night at Noah's preschool. The other is a new market starting up close by and it is next week! So they have been lousy timing for all we have had going on. But I had to get in and give them a go. (Oh by the way in amongst all this last week we got some great news about a secret project we have been working on, so add in some more work in a short amount of time, can't say any more on that yet!).
So last week was spent madly making labels, getting bags, putting together products, working out displays and just bringing it all together.

I had a great time making the labels for the clothes, and putting them together to display. I am ironing out some bugs so to speak on how to display things and how much space we need, but it has been great.

This is kind of a close up of the pop over skirt which gave me the incentive to really give this a go. Katelin is loving hers and I have sold 3 already and I have a few others wanting some. I really need to get some good photos of Kate in hers. So my first night was not great, there weren't many people but I did sell some things so that is encouraging! And I had fun so it was a good start. It was just insane getting to that point!

Anyway that's all for the quick update from me. I have another website to work on now, could someone stop the clock for a few hours please! Watch out for a logo and maybe a blog button later this week!

6 comments:

  1. this is why I had time to blog - not making stuff for market stalls, or big fundraisers!! Can't wait to see the new websites and all of the fun bits that go with Just Like Katie (love the name too!) Busy, but fun times!
    (and that ladybug - too cute!) Show us more please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it comes I will share - can do mail orders at some point soon too ;) very exciting just not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still a loyal blog reader Shannon! Exciting times in your life right now (even if they are hectic!) Good on you for daring to take the plunge and start your business. From what I've seen of your work so far, it will definitely be a success. Looking forward to seeing it all "up and running online". Wishing you lots of success, Anita. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, it all looks lovely. I'm going to need some advice when it comes to sewing - even the simplest item takes a herculean effort! The ladybug is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...busy times in your world but oh so exciting. All your product look fantastic and those labels are so cute! I hoe your market coming up goes really well People love a unique product so I'm sure it will be fine. Looking fwd to checking out the website. I hear you with the messy toy thing. It stresses me out alot but i'm working on being so particular about what goes where. My kids seem to be trashing their room every couple of days atm.
    Hope the funraiser goes well coming up! Be carful not to burn out from everything. It's a crazy busy time of year anyway without adding all that other stuff on top. Have fun with it all. JO xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you sound super super busy, but it's all good stuff! Your market items look great, and your little labels look very lovely and professional! Keep calm, drink chamomile tea before bed and get take away sometimes if necessary!

    ReplyDelete