Sunday, September 13, 2009

Technology

I am doing the class Me the abridged version by Cathy Zielske over at Big Picture at the moment. While I have been writing I have been thinking a lot about the technology in our lives. I seem to come back to this a lot, like mobile phones, where my kids know to go find it when it has a text message, or they say just send someone a message and find out. Usually the messages is to my good friend (Aunty) Tracey to see what Rose (her daughter is doing). I makes me laugh to hear them say it and to think that I didn't even know what one was when I was a kid.
I think about the differences between our kids, and the kids who played outside all day, cause it was much safer, and only came home when it got dark.
So as I have been noticing this a lot lately, I thought I would take a photo to scrap, since I haven't yet wirtten down these thoughts.
So here is our lounge room right now. Kate is in her room sleeping, it is quiet time. I am looking at the video for adding photos to my pages for the class. Will post more about my album later, I want to to take some work in progress type photos - is it ok to scrapbook about scrapbooking? Andrew is working on making a website for our foundation to raise funds for our friend who is dying of cancer. Awesome husband of mine contributing his time, which is so scarce. I will do another post on our foundation when it has a little more to share, ie like a website to look at! Oh and the main tv has the V8 supercars at Phillip Island on it, both my husband and I are fans. So Noah who wants to be out here with us is watching Monsters Inc on the portable DVD player with headphones on. It is such a different world in which we live!
Where would we be without the internet - outside more? Would we be healthier? These things play on my mind. Especially on such a gorgeous spring day where my friendly iphone tells me it is 31 degrees. I should mention we have been outside all morning cleaning the cubby house out and enjoying the sun - the spring cleaning saying is so true!

3 comments:

  1. you are a much better student than me...will have to get a giggle on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an even worse student, I have so much to catch up on. I need more hours in the day! Love your photos, such a cool thing to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also doing this course and finding it a challenge to write so much. Haven't even started alooking at the photos yet. But loving the journey it is taking me on and how thought provoking it has become. Look forward to seeing some of your album. Erica xxx

    ReplyDelete