Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Me The Abridged Version

I have been wanting to share the little scrapping that I have done. So I have tried to scan them in, we will see how they go when I post.
I haven't done much actual scrapping, just a lot of preparation, and lots of journalling. The idea of the class I am taking is to write entries under each letter of the alphabet, all about ME!
I am really enjoying it and loving writing down stories just about me. I am however having trouble keeping it mostly about me, I tend to wander off talking about my family and I have to refocus.

Here are the pages I have done for A and B. I am happy with how they look. Probably because they are pretty much an exact copy of Cathy Zielske's but that is so me I really like things when I see them just as they are, so sometimes I have trouble doing something different.
I must also confess that I have only journalled C and part of M and T, the rest of the letters only have ideas under them and J, Q, R, U, V, W and Z have nothing yet!
So Di and Jo, I am not really all that advanced. I have a lot left to to. I just had to try out a page, again so me can't wait to try out something new! Just have to do it right away even if I am not ready! It was really fun to do, and not too difficult. I must say I am enjoying learning more about photoshop.
Also I have another reason for trying to keep up. This is my first online class, and I really wanted to see how I would go at keeping up, and following the instructions. Mostly because I really want to take Ali's class, but was a bit worried it was at the busiest end of the year and it is 12 weeks long! But now I think I can take it on, I am very excited about it, I haven't registered yet - that is next weeks job! I can't wait! I love old photos and stories, I have been gathering stories from my Nan and Pop about how they met and about my Mum as a baby and little girl, it is something I love learning about and I am sure my children will too!
I love scrapbooking, and capturing my families memories!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shan, I LOVE your page and those colours and PP, exactly my style too. I feel a bit honoured that you put that picture of me in your book. I definately want to use a letter up for blogging too...not that I have done much recently. Well done on doing a page, it looks great. I'll have to attempt very soon. What brand is you pp...I really LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry should have mentioned it in the post. The pp is the same one Cathy used. It is SEI Dill Blossom. I got it fro paper squared. I have sent the details to Di as she really liked it too, maybe you could order together. And thanks, it is the first time I have used the pic of you and I, and I really want to get on and do a page about the story - definalely scrapworthy!

    ReplyDelete